Accalia was the sacrificial lamb preparing for the slaughter as his watchful gaze never left hers.

"What do you want?" Accalia asked stiffly, trying not to shudder on the spot and do what her head wanted: to run. She would definitely slip on the droplets of water that relished into a puddle by her feet.

Lycus eyes swept down to her feet, inspecting her body, pining her bare legs and then back to her face, those amber eyes losing its sear and becoming black.

Accalia could've sworn her heart skipped a beat and she swiftly took a step back as Lycus took one toward her. Whatever his black eyes swam with, something sinister, unforgiving, she could only imagine she would have to fight her way out.

If he dares take another step ...

"I have your belongings," Lycus announced to her and it only just caught her attention the five bags he was carrying in his hands.

Accalia huffed, cheeks flushing and heart drumming to a slow pace as she watched him place the items to the floor, taking a step back.

She always saw whispers as threats and lycans as monstrosities, but what of werewolves? They were the feral and uncivilized descendants of lycans. Although they're more common than their superiors, they festered like a virus.

With lycans, darkness loomed over them. They crossed the line of humanity and became something else entirely. Beasts. Through inhuman and undoable acts, they became lycans and are only to be feared.

And now Accalia would find herself suffocated with lycans, her supposed mate being one.

Accalia thought she was going to pass out with those damning obsidian orbs that never shifted away from her face. It was eerie, almost demonic, the whites of his gaze submerged in blackness and burning flecks of amber shining through the void.

"I see Gabriel allowed you girls to wander," Lycus observed with a sneer. He crossed his arms over his broad chest and Accalia watched his eyes lightened, becoming normal once again.

Accalia was tempted to ask why his eyes did that so often but went against it. To do that, meant something she'd hate to do with him. Have a conversation.

"We did what we were told, we behaved and held up our end of the deal. You did the same, that's if ... everything is in our bags." Accalia seethed, sending him a suspicious look.

Lycus mouth twitched before he shrugged. "See for yourself, just don't hold a knife to my throat while I sleep and we should be good."

"Thanks for the idea," Accalia remarked.

She had no intention of maiming anyone, even with Lycus on her list of individuals she wants dead, but she knew better to make a move like that in this environment. His territory, with his pack behind him and now his brother by his side who has a pack of his own.

Accalia wanted to live a few more years.

"The Alphas will be here for a day or two, my brother will continue to watch over you both, and just for your own sakes, try not to cross him. Gabriel may look sweet and nice, but his lycan side dislikes troublemakers." 

A mountain rock could've plummeted on her at that moment because that's what stirred in her stomach. Accalia shielded her face that wanted to contort into a waterfall of tears into a collected mask. Distracting herself, she pulled her bruised lip into her mouth and clutched the towel tighter.