"Wake up."

"Wake up"

"Wake up."

My eyes fluttered open...

Omniscient~

Naija's eyes slowly fluttered open, hallow and subtle. She swallowed as her throat was dry. She moved only her eyes to find a cup of water sitting pleasantly beside her. She longed to drink from it, but her muscles ached greatly. Her head was hurting, but she managed to at least keep consciousness as she had been out for some time already.

She looked further around, her vision adjusting to the dim ceiling lights in the room. It didn't occur to her before, but she slowly processed that she was lying in a hospital, not having much memory of what could've caused this demise.

The door was slightly closed, and it was quiet. She didn't even notice anyone was in the room until-

"Yo. Yo! She's awake!"

She blinked twice and looked around again, seeing Ameera sitting beside her, using her loud voice to alert nearly the whole hospital that she was finally awake.

Naija drowsily blinked again. Her eye movements were slow. It felt like with each blink, each time she opened back up her eyes, the people in the room drastically changed positions, like she was watching a movie and only saw certain scenes at a time each time she woke up from drifting off.

She opened her eyes again and faced Michael who had a solemn smile on his face. Her eyes relaxed and she felt more at ease than she was before, as Ameera's voice was always a loud one. "Finally.." He said. His voice was low and soft, nothing compared to his usual way of speaking.

She felt his hand hold her's and he laughed lightly as soon as he felt her squeeze back. It was like a heavy 50 pound weight was lifted off of his shoulders.

Naija looked around some more, momentarily confused until all of her last memories came rushing in at once into her mind:

Her eyes faced the sky. She had no strength to scream, or cry.

Her blood tainted the white snow with red. Her thoughts were chaotic but her brain felt empty at the same time.

She could see the pool of blood getting bigger from the corner of her eye. Usually she'd feel sick at the sight but everything felt numb.

Her eyes slowly closed with each second that passed. Her hearing, her vision, and all her senses laid to rest for some time and she slowly passed out with a tear managing to escape from her eye.

She was shot.

Cruelly shot in the winter air.

"I..." her voice was hoarse, causing Michael to lift the water from beside her up to her lips. She sipped from it, letting the nice cool liquid fulfill the thirst she's been bearing for ages. "I was shot." She said it more as a statement than a question, which was sudden

Ameera scratched the back of her neck awkwardly and eased out of the room for them to be alone for a bit.

Michael pursed his lips and exhaled through his nose. It was like he wanted to say something, but chose completely different words instead. "Yeah." He lowly said again. His responses were oddly short and brief. His energy just wasn't how it usually was. She knew something was off.