17. Trick or Treat

Start from the beginning

His face morphed into one of love as he accepted the cup. Another beat passed, and his arms came to wrap around you.

"Why are you so nice?" he murmured. "You are the most thoughtful person I know."

"You deserve every bit of love today."

He smiled, stepping closer until he was inches away, close enough so the heat from his body could be felt through the thin shirt he wore. He backed you up so your bodies were against the counter, caging his arms around your sides and setting the mug down in the process. His eyes were soft as his lips melded with yours. The kiss was gentle, like he was making sure he could feel and commit every curve and line of your lips to his memory.

Wrapping your arms around his back, you dragged your nails over his shirt gently. He groaned, weaving his hands through your hair. When he pulled away, he looked you in the eyes, and then they flickered over to the stove where the smell of pancakes came from. They were ready to be flipped.

While you turned to take care of them, Spencer brought your cups to the small table, along with a pair of forks and knives. As he did that, you transferred a couple round, fluffy pancakes to each plate.

"I was going to bring you this in bed," you admitted, joining him at the table.

He looked up midway through a mouthful of pancakes. You grinned at the way he was clearly enjoying himself. He swallowed, chasing it down with coffee that had just as much sugar in it as the syrup on the table, and raised his brows.

"That was a nice idea," he murmured, before his mood turned playful, "but it's probably a good thing you didn't."

"Why's that?"

"Because I'm taking you right back to bed as soon as we're finished, Bambi."

No matter how many times he'd called you that before, or all the different ways he'd said he wanted you, your heart would always skip a beat when it happened. And you loved it. You knew it would never grow old when it came to him.

----------------------------------------

It soon became late enough in the day that you had to start getting ready to go out. It was hard to tell who was more excited now. The closer it came to nightfall, the more antsy you each got. Currently, you were rummaging around through his closet looking for the right things to wear.

The corn maze was making the night extra festive since Halloween was only a few days away. Everyone was encouraged to dress up, and after the sun set, the family-friendly corn maze was turning into something more sinister. There would be actors in costumes hiding throughout the maze ready to jump out at guests as they wandered through the intricate, confusing rows of plowed corn trying to find the right way out.

You had your costume planned already, but it was a secret right. You wanted to surprise him with it. Spencer, on the other hand, was very vocal about his. He was going as a cowboy, something he couldn't have been more excited about. He wanted to get it perfect, and luckily a lot of the stuff he needed was already stuff he had in his closet.

He was wearing dark jeans and a silly, flashy belt buckle you'd found at a thrift shop. He had a pair of cowboy boots and a hat already. On top, he wore a white tank top underneath a partially buttoned up western shirt which he tucked into the jeans. You tied a paisley bandana tied around his neck, just underneath his messy curls, which had been slicked back out of his eyes with your help.

Like always, he was undoubtedly handsome.

You were making sure his shirt was tucked nicely, hands lingering on the waistband of his jeans when you remembered something else.