Chapter 56 - Joshua King

"I don't know if leaving the two of you together is a good idea," says Elias before he kisses Katherine on both cheeks. "Behave, yeah? Don't get into any more trouble."

"We won't get into any trouble," I announce confidently. "How hard could it be?"

"Ummm..." Katherine hesitates. It looks as though she's about to say something but changes her mind. Elias seems reluctant to leave but I guess he really has to because he slowly peels himself away from her. He shoots us a wary glance before he disappears around the corner.

I roll my eyes as Katherine smiles dreamily after him before she grabs my wrist.

"Where are we going?" I ask her when she starts dragging me away.

The main part of the house and the pool area at the back are full of busy workers. The party planner is a stern-looking woman with a stick up her ass. She snaps her fingers and yells at everyone except for Sacha. I noticed her turning from a raging bitch to a flirt in a blink of an eye, like magic, when she was talking to him earlier right before he left.

"Somewhere where we can't get into trouble," replies Katherine as she drags me inside. "I saw the way you were looking at the party planner."

"I don't like her face." She has a natural resting bitch face. "She has a face that inspires me to do something." Like punching her in the nose.

"And that's why we're not staying around. We promised not to get into any more trouble," she reminds me.

"Ahhh, just the girls I was looking for!" exclaims someone from the second floor. Sacha's maman, Julie is waving at us from the top of the stairs. "Come! Come, girls!"

Without a word, we both dutifully climb up the stairs to meet her. It's strange how no one can say no to Julie and that includes me. She's just too sweet, a complete opposite of her husband and her sons...except for Ives. Ives inherited her charms.

"I 'ave your dresses," she says excitedly, looping her arms around mine and Katherine's. Her French accent is very pronounced this morning. "Gaby! Bring the dresses 'ere, s'il te plaît."

"Oooh, so many things to do, so little time!" she frets as she leads us into a room.

Gaby scurries in behind us with garment bags in her arms. She goes to hang them on several hooks behind the door and proceeds to unzip the bags one by one. She then rushes out again to come back with several boxes of shoes and accessories.

"There are several 'ere to choose from. But personally, I think this one is for you, Katherine." Julie brushes her slim fingers over the velvety material of a red dress.

"And Danica, I think this one is perfect for you, ma chérie." She ushers me toward a pale blue silk dress with shimmery silver laces inlay. "Go on, try them on."

We peel our clothes off and put the dresses on with Gaby's help.

When we're done, Julie observes us with a satisfied smile on her lips. A moment later, she slaps her hands together and announces, "Perfect! Just as I imagined, the two of you look magnifique!"

She's right. Katherine looks gorgeous. The scarlet material of the dress looks stunning against her alabaster skin and her strawberry blonde hair. The square neckline is sexy but tasteful.

My dress is exquisite. It's form-fitting and the material hugs me like it's made especially for me. The slim halter strap neckline is made of glittery silver lace. It is long but has a slit at the side that goes up all the way up the top of my thigh. The color enhances my eyes and emphasizes the slight tan of my skin.

"Breathtaking," says Julie from behind me as I stand in front of a long mirror at the corner of the room, admiring myself. I feel absolutely beautiful.