Chapter 35 - A Demon's Son

The first thing that I see when the door is opened is Jade. A pair of red Louboutin heels swinging while she sits at the edge of his desk, throwing her head back, laughing at something that he said.

Sacha is sitting back in his chair behind the said desk, looking at her with a hint of a smile on his face.

He shifts his bright hazel gaze and our eyes meet and lock.

Realizing that she has lost his attention, Jade turns sharply to look over her shoulder where her eyes find me. The smile slips, and the joy on her face is being replaced by the look of pure annoyance.

"Hello, Danica," he says. His expression doesn't change and he doesn't look surprised to see me but his eyes light up. That's the only way I can describe it and that's the only reason my fury at seeing Jade perched on his desk simmers down.

"Hi," I say as I watch him gracefully unfolding his tall figure from the leather chair to round the dark shiny desk.

"Hey, Danica. What a surprise," drawls Jade. She's wearing a red silk shirt with a low neckline that shows off the swell of her breasts. A tight black pencil skirt with a slit in the middle reveals the pale skin of her thigh. It's still classy but very sexy. Her look of irritation is now masked by a friendly smile but her tone and the way she unhurriedly slides her body down the desk imply that it's not a nice surprise and that I'm interrupting their private moment. "What brings you here?"

I flash her a big fake smile but I feel my smile become genuine when I look at Sacha. "Surprise! I brought you lunch." I hold the bag with our lunch up and I make sure to keep my eyes only on him to make it clear that the lunch is only for him.

His lips tug up into an amused smile at my enthusiasm as though he couldn't stop himself. His long legs are erasing the distance between us. "Something smells great," he says.

"It's Moussaka," I tell him. "Homemade."

"Isn't that sweet?" purrs Jade. "Too bad though, we already have a reservation for lunch at Andalusia." God, I hate her fake smile and patronizing tone. "Maybe some other time, sweetie?"

I feel my heart deflated a bit inside. Andalusia is a Michelin star restaurant. Sometimes you have to wait a week for a reservation. I know this because Astaroth frequents another restaurant by the same chef in Manhattan.

Sacha takes the bag from me and takes a peek inside. You can see the content through the glass cover. "You brought Molly's delicious Moussaka?"

"Not Molly's. It's my delicious Moussaka. I made it. Well, it's Molly's recipe and she taught me but I did it all by myself," I announce proudly. Indeed, I wouldn't let Molly do anything. That woman is a saint- she had been very patient even when I cut the onions too thickly or when I jumped and had used the lid of a pan as a shield from the boiling tomato sauce. It was hard work but I wanted him to eat the food that I made.

"Your Moussaka smells wonderful. I can't wait to eat it," he says. His smirk grows and I almost blush at the look in his eyes.

"Knock, knock, knock!" someone says while knocking on the open door of his office.

I twist around to look at a good-looking man with pale blue eyes, tan skin, and golden hair standing by the door. If his hair isn't elegantly slicked back, he'd look like a very good-looking surfer dude in a suit.

"Sorry, I'm late. Are you ready to go?" the man asks. But as soon as he sees me, his eyes widen and his jaw goes slack.

"Alistair." Sacha nods as he moves closer to me. His hand slides to possessively palm my hip.