EPILOGUE

[ i'm just thinking 'bout you, i'm
thinking 'bout you, i'm thinking 'bout you ]

__________

AVIA

With it being one year since your death, I still haven't accepted it. Grief works in mysterious ways and people telling you to move on just don't understand how hard it is. Especially when that person was a loved one.

It's safe to say I surrounded myself with those who loved me and those who I loved back. I even made a new relationship with Lando. Yes, Lando Norris, your old teammate. I was in denial about you dying that I didn't even realise how Lando felt. But we've come a long way since then. We both realised that we needed each other and fate helped us out by bringing us to one another and now we're married. Crazy right?

I will never and I mean never forget the relationship we had, Lando knows that he could never replace you and that makes me smile but it also makes me feel sad. I love Lando but I feel as if loving him is a crime. My family and friends will tell me different but I can't help what I feel.

My job in Formula 1 is going really well, Lando has scored 4 podiums so far and I bet if you were still here you would've been so proud of him. He races for you and dedicates every podium to you. He misses you a lot, even though he doesn't admit it anymore. He thinks he has accepted your passing but deep down he knows he hasn't. No one has.

The memories that used to fill my head before every race weekend made my skin crawl as I knew one day they would reach your last day of being in the Formula 1 paddock but I've come to live with it if it means seeing you again.

I miss you so much and this is why I'm doing this. Not a day goes by when I don't think of you.

Love, Avia

THE END