EIGHT

[ i'm just thinking 'bout you, i'm thinking 'bout you, i'm thinking 'bout you ]

__________

AVIA

I sat at the dinner table, scrolling through my emails as Caleb sat next to me, resting his head on his hand whilst looking over at me.

I felt him grab my phone from my hands, him laughing at my facial expression. "None of that. You've hardly touched your food." I laughed at his words.

He placed my phone next to him, eyes on me as he waited for me to take a bite of my food. From there we ate our dinner in peace.

_

A book in my lap and a cup of coffee on the little table, I was quite happy. Caleb sat across from me working on one of his drawings which I yet hadn't seen. He loved to draw.

I placed my book down — careful not to loose the page as I made my way over to Caleb. I plonked myself down next to him, nestling myself into his side as my eyes fell upon his drawing.

"Woah, that looks amazing love."

He simply chuckled. "Not my best but thank you."

"All your work is amazing babe." Caleb smiled at my words.

_

"You're being irrational!" I said, my voice rising.

"No, you're being irrational!" Caleb yelled.

"I'm asking you to spend time with me and I'm being irrational? You want to hang with Lando rather than your own wife — on our anniversary night!" I was annoyed to say the least. I wanted to spend time with my husband as it was our one year anniversary but he had other plans.

"Av, our next race is in a week! I can't help needing to be with Lando to go over things. We are teammates, come on."

"Well I wish he wasn't your teammate! I hate him!" I was now crying, not exactly how I planned the evening to go.

"You don't mean that." Caleb whispered. I could see my words hurt him. Him and Lando were the bestest of friends.

"All I asked was for you to spend some time with me." And with that I walked off.

We had arguments of course, little ones, ones that didn't mean anything. But I could tell that this one meant a lot.

__

Caleb threw a stick, "Go on, fetch." As we watched Oscar chase it down the hallway, I couldn't believe we now owned a dog, a Border Collie in fact. I had one growing up but I always wanted one of my own and I had finally got one.

Oscar barked, "Oh no." I said as the dog was heading straight towards me, I put my hands up in defence but all he did was lick my face. I cooed over him and gave him lots of hugs and kisses. He was an adorable dog.

"Good boy, good boy."

__