Chapter 38: Immigrating Home

Start from the beginning

The remaining week went by very quickly. Alcina and Melania had packed all they wanted. Melania packed all her music records and clothes. Alcina made sure to pack her vintage books, which she was very fond of. They shipped the wine bottles and caskets a few days ago already. The last thing the matriarchs packed, was the black duffel bag. Before they knew it, they were waiting in the foyer, as Karl and Stefan loaded the luggage.
"What time will the pilot be at the airport?" Karl asked, hugging Stefan from behind.
"Soon. Stefan, Karl, would you mind bringing the carriage around?" Alcina asked.
"Yes, my lady. Right away." Stefan said, as he and Karl went to get the carriages.
"Are you excited love?" Melania asked, seeing Alcina absent-mindedly looking around, admiring the castle one last time. She knew it was hard for her. Alcina turned and looked at the girls sleeping on a couch in the foyer, the twins and Donna watching over them. It was just about midnight.
"I am, mon amour. Just... A little sad." Alcina sighed. They've lived here a long time, and the girls were created here, in the castle.
"I'm here for you, mon amour. I understand how hard it is for you." Melania embraced her, hugging her close. They shared a warm kiss, smiling happily at each other. Stefan and Karl soon arrived and helped the matriarchs carry the sleeping women into one of the carriage. The twins yawned as they got in with the girls with Donna.
"Be safe, please. You giant idiots." Karl mumbled as he hugged the matriarchs. He jumped onto the carriage on the driver's seat, next to Stefan. As they left, Alcina and Melania passionately kissed each other, burying themselves in each other's arms.
"I'm going to cast an invisibility spell. You and I will be able to see each other, but nobody will see us. I love you." Melania said, holding Alcina's hands.
"You're incredible, mon amour. Stay close to me. I love you too." she kissed Melania again. Melania closed her eyes, and tilted her head to the sky.
"Let the lovers become but a dream, as I cause the seen to be unseen." Melania said softly, black smoke embracing them. They were invisible as they transformed, the disembodied sounds of the manticore and the dragon coming from everywhere and nowhere at the same time. They take off, their wings creating gusts of wind, making the nearby trees shake violently. Alcina thought amusingly to herself, what this must have looked like from the outside. The manticore and dragon took off, following the carriage from above.

It didn't take long for them to reach the airport, Melania must have paid off the right people, as Stefan was allowed to drive the carriage around the back of the terminal, which was all but deserted. The pilot came up and greeted them, wearing a black pilot's uniform.
"Good evening, my lord. My name is Nikolaus, your pilot. Please, let my flight attendants take care of your luggage." Nikolaus said formally, shaking Karl's hand. The dragon and the manticore landed close by, scaring the flight attendants, not knowing where the strong wind and growling came from. Deep breathing sounds gave them the chills.
"Den peirzei afta. Synechise." Nikolaus told the attendants, who looked around, scared.
"Thank you, Nikolaus." Karl said, as he and Stefan carried the girls, the twins and Donna's sleeping figures into the jet. On the back wing of the jet, Karl saw what must have been Melania's family crest. A shield with Hekate's stropholos, with two griffins on the sides, floral patterns surrounding it, and a regal crown resting on the top. Once everyone was in the jet and the luggage loaded, Nikolaus paused before getting in.
"Good evening to you, my ladies Dimitrescu." he said, the manticore rumbled softly to let him know she heard him. The matriarchs watched as the jet took off, flying into the night. They had a long flight ahead themselves. The manticore rubbed her head on the dragon's chest, just like a cat would.
"Ready, my love?" the dragon asked softly.
"I am. Are you? We'll be flying for about four or five hours." the manticore asked.
"Yes love, let's catch up to them" she said, flapping her leathery wings. They struggled to get their heavy bodies off the ground. The managed to quickly catch up to the jet, flying just above them. The manticore roared, to let the occupants know of their presence. The flight attendants jumped at the noise.
"Just turbulence." Nikolaus smiled. Karl laughed softly as Stefan had fallen asleep on his shoulder. Karl sat back and relaxed, glancing toward the others. He too allowed sleep to take him, cautiously relaxing.

The jet landed in Mytilene later, as morning threatened, coming closer. It was still dark, and all the occupants of the jet now wide awake. They saw two Panther De Ville's waiting for them. Two maidens exit the vintage vehicles and quickly loaded their luggage. Daniela was already tormenting a maiden. Karl watched as none of the staff, not the drivers, maidens or Nikolaus flinched or jumped when the still invisible beasts landed close by.
"Welcome home, ladies Dimitrescu." the maidens said in unison, waiting patiently. The manticore grumbled again, acknowledging them. Karl and Stefan took one vehicle, the younglings occupying the other. The girls were so excited, pressing their faces on the window, looking around. After the beasts took a moment to catch their breath, they once again took off, following the vehicles.
"We can fly ahead, my love. Wait for them at the castle." the manticore suggested, soaring high above the vehicles. It took the dragon a moment to respond, she was looking around in awe at the landscape, as the sun started rising, illuminating the mountains and the ocean surrounding the island. The black waters of the ocean soon slowly began to change to a light blue.
"Are you sure? They'll be safe?" she finally answered.
"I am. We're all safe." the manticore said, flying above the dragon. Her giant paw gently touched Alcina's cheek, from her body protruding from the dragon's back. She closed her eyes and smiled at the manticore.
"Alright, let's go." she said, and both picked up speed. They didn't fly for long, when the manticore heard Alcina gasp, seeing Castle Dracos. Looking like the ancient Greek castles, this also looked like a fortress, high walls made of white sandstone bricks surrounded the castle. On a little hill inside the walls, a huge building stood, massive pillars at the entrance. There were several smaller buildings inside the surrounding walls. The fortress was overlooking the ocean, complete with its own private beach. Banners with the Dracos family crest hung at the entrance, where a draw bridge was. The manticore landed on a huge balcony, where maidens waited for them. They had clothes for Melania and blood wine for them. Just before the dragon landed, she saw a massive vinyard just below the balcony. Alcina immediately fell in love with the place.

Once the matriarchs were back in human form, Alcina couldn't help but laugh, watching as the clothes on the tray moved as Melania got dressed. To someone else, it must have looked like a ghost was making the clothes float.
"Make the unseen lovers, seen once more." Melania said, and the matriarchs reappeared. They didn't wait, as they grabbed each other and kissed passionately.
"Welcome home, my ladies." a maiden said, dressed a little different from the other maidens. She bowed slightly, smiling warmly.
"My love. This is Penelope. My head maiden." Melania said, holding Alcina's hand.
"A pleasure, Lady Dimitrescu." Penelope bowed again.
"Likewise, dear." Alcina smiled, before almost gulping down all the blood wine. The ladies eagerly drank more, hungry from their long flight.
"Penelope, where on earth is Kyra and Daphnae?" Melania asked, looking around.
"I'm here, mikros drakos! Welcome home my darlings!" Kyra called behind them, followed by Daphnae. They greeted each other, and to Alcina's surprise, the older witch hugged her warmly.
"Wonderful to see you, Kyra. You as well, Daphnae." Alcina smiled.
"You as well, lady Dimitrescu. Now, let's go. Your children should be here any minute." Kyra said, hardly able to contain her happiness. The older witch and her wife got quite close to the girls. They quickly make their way to the main entrance. Alcina looked around, in awe of the interior. Just like Ancient Greeks, the castle held many Greek statues and marble pillars. They entered the foyer, showing off a dark blue marble floor, with jasmine flowers on it. The marble pillars here was also a dark blue marble. The rest of the interior was very similar to Castle Dimitrescu, to Alcina's surprise. With white walls and white pillars, adorned with gold floral patterns and motifs. The floors gleamed with white marble. They stepped through giant blue wooden doors, with lion head knockers, leading them outside to the draw bridge. The entry way had a huge fountain in the middle, with a statue of Artemis holding her bow, next to a deer. The gardens surrounding them had all kinds of different types of flowers of the colors red, black, purple and white. The draw bridge fell, and the two Panther De Ville's drove in. Alcina and Melania both got down on their knees, already hearing their daughters squealing of excitement. And sure enough, the vehicle didn't even come to a complete stop when they jumped out the car, running towards their mother's loving, open arms.

*************************************
🖤🖤🖤