Chapter 34: Aunt Kyra

The days had gone by so fast for the matriarchs, their excitement for the wedding no longer controllable. They were constantly hovering over the others, who said they'll gladly plan everything, since the wedding planners refused to come back. Bela and Donna was busy with Melania's suit, bridesmaids dresses and Karl's suit.
"Mother. Can we help you?" Bela asked sarcastically as Alcina was watching them closely. Almost micromanaging.
"Mmm? No? I'm simply admiring your work."
"Alright, Alcina. But you're making me nervous." Donna laughed as shaky laugh.
"Oh! I'll leave you be." she left the library quickly, leaving Bela and Donna laughing. She roamed the castle, looking for Melania, when she came across Cassandra and Luca, ordering a couple of maidens around. They were in charge of the decor for the reception and the venue itself. The maidens nervously scurry under Cassandra's glare.
"No, mother! I don't want you to see anything yet! Now, shoo!" Cassandra ordered, making little sweeping motions with her hands. Luca was laughing, smiling warmly at Alcina. She didn't say anything, just narrowed her eyes at the two of them as she walked past. Next she found Daniela and Alex, busy with the itinerary and seating arrangements. They had finished and sent the invitations months ago already. Alcina quietly picked up the paper with the seating arrangements, and read through it.
"Uncle Karl! She's doing it again!" Daniela called, frowning at her mother.
"What? Doing what?" Alcina asked innocently, putting the paper down quickly. Karl came stomping into the dining hall and grabbed Alcina's hand, before dragging her out of the room. He was muttering something under his breath. Alcina heard him say something along the lines of 'nosey bitches'. Alcina giggled to herself as she allowed Karl to drag her. They got to the makeshift workshop where Karl and Stefan was busy building the last of the carriages, finding Melania inspecting one carefully.
"Melania. Please. Take your fiancé and go find something to do. You two are driving us fuckin' insane with the hovering! Go away and be happy crazy bitches somewhere else! We need space!" he yelled, throwing his hands in the air.
"Alright, little brother. Calm yourself. We'll leave you be." Alcina laughed. Melania was laughing too hard to say anything.

"We need to go and pick up my aunt soon, love. We can go and get dressed and leave. Karl fixed up a carriage for us to use." Melania said, as they dodged a flying spanner, coming from a fuming Karl. They just laughed and carried on.
"Perfect. Where are we picking her up?"
"I'm not entirely sure, actually. She said she'll let me know when she's close." Melania frowned.
"I'm not sure I follow." Alcina said as she got dressed.
"Neither do I. Aunt Kyra can be crazy. In her village she's the crazy lady everyone talks about. She's lovable, caring and friendly all the time. But also, she's intimidating and angry-looking. I love her. But I am nervous having a crazy, Greek, bat-obsessed witch meet you and the girls. Especially the girls. She's like Daniela, Cassandra and Bela in one person. She's like an aggressive rabid dog, unless you treat her right."
"It's alright, mon amour. I'm sure we can handle her. Don't worry. I can see you're nervous."
"I am. She can be... A lot. Too much sometimes." Melania gulped.
"I look forward to meeting her. Are you ready to go?" they finished getting dressed, both wearing dresses and jewelry. They looked just as their titles suggest. A countess and a baroness.
"I am. You look beautiful. As always." she eagerly kissed her.
"So do you, mon amour. I love you."
"I love you too. Always." Melania answered, kissing her again. They make their way downstairs, their dresses flowing graciously around them.
"Roxanne!" Alcina called, subconsciously adjusting her dress, pulling it higher up, tugging at the front of the dress, trying to cover her cleavage.
"Please make sure the maidens have prepared the guest room properly for Mistress Kyra's arrival. And make sure it's done to my expectations. If there's anything out of place, you and you alone will be held accountable. Understand?" Alcina said, putting her coat on, adjusting the collar.
"Of course, my lady. Anything else?"
"Yes. My aunt is bringing a... cat. Tell them not to look him in the eye and tell them, to never ever run. If they run, he'll give chase. It's no ordinary cat." Melania said, glancing at Alcina.
"Yes, my lady. Have a pleasant journey."
"Thank you, Roxanne. You may go."
"No ordinary cat? Meaning?" Alcina asked when Roxanne left.
"Uhm... You'll see." she answered, smiling nervously.