Chapter 32: Πολύ κοντά (Too Close)

"All Hallow's Eve? Aren't you being a bit dramatic, love?" Alcina asked Melania, smirking. Thanks to Miranda, the matriarchs decided to postpone the wedding, just to take some time to relax. The stress caused by the now deceased witch, made them tired. A holiday, of sorts.
"So what if I am? I'm a witch. I love Halloween." Melania laughed.
"It's the end of August now, which gives us two months." Alcina complained.
"Indeed. My mother's best friend will be staying with us until then. She arrives in a week. And besides, you gorgeous woman, two months will go by so quickly. " she sighed, knowing what they're in for. Alcina smiled.
"I can't wait, mon amour." to Melania's surprise, Alcina was excited to meet the older witch.
"Why so excited?" she asked, kissing her neck. They were slowly making their way to the stables.
"I don't know. I guess it's because I get to meet someone who has known you for a long time. You know everyone I know. Nobody knew me before I turned." she said, smiling at her wife.
"Oh, I understand. Of course I do. I'm sure she'll tell you all about my embarrassing moments." Melania groaned. Meanwhile things had gone back to normal at Castle Dimitrescu. Except for the fact that their daughters had lovers. And it seemed to be serious. Alcina was happy for her daughters, obviously always keeping an eye on Alex, Luca and Donna. She did however, struggle to come to terms with Cassandra and Luca. She was in love with a man. She's happy for her, no doubt. She just needed to get used to the fact. Melania found it sweet. She too was happy for her daughters, even if it bothered her a little bit. Luca very rarely realized that if Karl or Stefan wasn't in the castle, he was the only man. It made him a tad nervous. Karl had spent an unnatural amount of time at the stables, to Alcina's confusion and to Melania's glee. Alcina seemed to not see what was going on there. They were approaching the stables, keen on taking the girls out on a ride.
"Stefan! Where are you, dear boy?" Alcina called. There was no answer. They heard and odd sound, like a body falling to the floor. They glare into the direction of the sound, carefully approaching, they were worried that there might be dangers. Alcina stepped forward, her claws extended. She took the sliding door of one of the stables and paused for a moment. She suddenly yanked the door open, expecting to catch the intruder red handed. The door almost broke off it's hinges. Melania was standing right behind her, frowning in confusion.
"Goddammit, Karl!!" Alcina yelled, throwing her hands into the air and closed her eyes, quickly turning around. Karl lay naked on hay bales, Stefan next to him. Karl was smugly smiling. Melania started laughing hysterically, grabbing Alcina, and leading her away from the door.
"Sorry! Fuck! Answer next time if we call you!" she laughed, sliding the door shut.
"My ladies! I'm so so sorry!" Stefan called from the other side, Karl laughing too hard to speak.
"Just... Saddle Fiara, Teras, Moarte, Teroare and Frica. Immediately!" Alcina growled, pinching the bridge of her nose. Melania hugged her from behind.
"It's like my castle has turned into a brothel. First Daniela and Alex. Now this?" Alcina sighed, breathing deeply.
"A brothel? A brothel? They're in love, my dear. Happy and alive." Melania chuckled, pressing her body against her, placing small kisses on the back of her neck.
"I suppose you're right. We sure didn't make it any easier for them either." she said, tilting her head back, she rests her head on Melania's shoulder. Melania bit her shoulder, not hard enough to draw blood, but making Alcina exhale softly, enjoying the feeling. They turned their heads, hearing the door sliding open. Stefan stepped out, and froze for a second. Two vampires were glaring at him. They said nothing, just watched as he blushed and quickly ran to saddle the horses. Karl walked out next, proudly zipping up his pants. He was smirking, making Alcina growl and roll her eyes. Melania laughed and put her hand on Alcina's hip, that if Alcina decides to attack, she can hold her back.
"You can't make a face at me, sister. Bloody hypocrite." he smiled and winked at Melania.
"I suppose not. In the stables though? Really?" Alcina asked, making a face.
"Where else? My factory is far. Besides. You're one to speak." he laughed. Melania was in the mood for trouble, so she slid her hidden hand higher over Alcina's ribs, stopping just under her breast, without Karl seeing. Alcina held her breath, frowning really hard, trying not to laugh.
"Karl, go help Stefan. I'm in a hurry." Alcina spoke in a strict voice.
"What? Why should I-" he began, but Alcina interrupted him.
"Now!" she yelled, behind her, Melania is giving Karl a look, sliding her hand over her breast, gently massaging.
"Alright, fuck. You're crazy. The both of you!" he rolled his eyes, and left the room, without seeing Melania's shenanigans.