Oh God! Entire school would know that I broke this chair. They will body shame me and laugh at me. What do I do now? Ah!! Idea!!

She drags the chair to a corner and exchanges it with the broken chair. She then takes her bag and goes to the washroom to relax her bladder.

Aaahhh!! This is peace, this is contentment, this is satisfaction, this is happiness.. now I am ready to go home.

She massages her lower tummy which was hurting due to controlling her bladder for so long before going out.

She waits for 40 minutes but the bus doesn't come. She waves at an auto rickshaw. The rickshaw driver stops and looks at her from top to toe.

Driver: Where to?

Sana: Putlibai Colony..

Driver: Will charge double!

Sana: For what?

Driver: For the luggage!

Sana: What luggage? It's just a school bag.

Driver: I am talking about that luggage. (Points to her tummy) Have you seen your size? (Forms a fist and stretches his elbows out and puffs his cheeks)

Sana: Excuse me! What are you talking?

Driver: Agree or take another rickshaw.

She grumpily sits inside the rickshaw

Rascal! He know how difficult it is to find an auto in this road at this time. If that chair manufacturer had a little brain and concern about healthier people like me then this wouldn't have happened. Even the school should be blamed. What's the need in getting those fancier chair? Just to charge exorbitant amount of money from parents.

And this bloody driver, he is still looking at me from his mirror as if I am an elephant from circus. God!! When are these tensions going to get over from my life? I am just awaiting the day I get married to someone with a normal surname to get rid of my surname which is embarrassing me more. Where are you my future hubby?
.
.
.

"Okay, here is another one! What's that one glass which is thicker than the magnifying glass?", Vishal asks.

"Hmmm.. I got this.. Sidharth's Specs", Rakesh screams.

"Yes, you are right!", Vishal laughs.

Sidharth stares at them in disappointment.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry! Now my turn and that's the last one." Rakesh says.

"Go on!!", Vishal winks.

"What's that one thing which is darker than the blackboard?", Rakesh questions.

"I know this, I know this.. it's Sidharth's face", Vishal High Fives Rakesh and jumps in joy.

Sidharth frowns and leaves from his place.

Losers! There is never a day when these good for nothing fellows don't bully me. During the exam they come with coconut shells to beg for help.

Sorry forgot to introduce you! My name is Sidharth Mehta. Mehta comes from the Sanskrit word 'mahita' that means 'great' or 'praised.' You just saw how I was being praised by my so called friends. My father is Arun Mehta, he works as a bank manager. My mother Sarojini Mehta, a home maker and My elder sister, Shobha who studies in Final Year M.Com.

Oh! By the way, I am studying in 3rd Year B.Com. I am a tall, dark and handsome boy. Well a little lesser handsome and little more darker. I look great without glasses but the problem is you wouldn't look great to me without them.

I have two dreams in my life. First to get a decent job like Baapu and Second is to marry a girl who has a very fair complexion. No.. no.. no! Don't call me racist! I just want my future kids to have normal skin so that they aren't bullied like me. No matter how much I try to ignore I end up getting hurt in my life. Life isn't FAIR towards me.
.
.
.
.
Sana walks into the college campus. It was so unusual today. Everyone was laughing looking at her. She wondered what's wrong. She goes to Preeti.

Sana: Good morning Preeti.

Preeti: Sana, please I am not talking to you. Please stay away from me.

Sana: Sorry Preeti! I really wanted to finish the maths problem before I leave yesterday.

Preeti: Don't lie Sana. The entire college knows the reason behind it.

Sana: Huh? What do you mean?

Preeti takes out her phone and shows her a video on Youtube - What happens when Hathi gets stuck? The video was of Sana stuggling to get out of the chair. The video was viral and trending at number 2.

Preeti laughs when the chair breaks in the video. Sana was ashamed.

Preeti: I don't want to be a laughing stock staying with you. So stay away from me.

Sana's eyes were filled with tears. She took a U-turn and ran out of the gate while everyone laughed at her huge running figure. She just couldn't stop crying when her mother asks her the reason for returning home early. She locked herself in the room and sat in the darkest corner in between the bed and the wall.

Her mom was perplexed, she banged the door asking her to open the door, but Sana didn't oblige. Shantiben called up Kantilal narrating the incident. Kantilal rushes home as he loved his daughter more than anything in the world.

Kantilal: Sana.. Sana.. Shu baat che Dikri? {What's the matter child?} Why are you crying. Open the door baby. (He knocks on the door)

Sana was closer to her father and she always went to him whenever she had any problems in life. She immediately opened the door and hugged him still crying. Kantilal caressed her back with one hand and her head in the other.

Kantilal: Enough.. enough.. tell me sweetheart, what happened?

Sana shows him the video. Kantilal was raged. He understood the pain his daughter was going through. He asked Shanti to take care of her and went to the police station. He filed a complaint against bullying.

After investigation, it was found out that the video was captured and uploaded by Jitesh, Sana's classmate who purposely sat on her regular chair so that she occupies new chair and he could pull a prank on her.

Inspector: Let go Motta bhai {Big Bro}, he is also kid like your daughter. Will give him warning.

Kantilal: Do you know how much pain my dikri {daughter} is going through?

Inspector: I understand motta bhai, but he is a kid. With this he will be resticated from college and his future will get spoilt. Will give warning to him and also tell his parents so that he doesn't repeat this again. We've taken off the video already.

Kantilal withdrew the case. Sana, on the other hand denied going to back college.

Kantilal: Dikri, will enroll you in another college.

Sana: No papa. Somebody else will do it in the new college. Kids don't want to be friends with me. All they want is to make fun of me. I don't want to go. Please papa, please.

Kantilal helplessly agreed to her request. Sana stayed back home.
________________________________

To be continued.. ❤️❤️

So you must have already guessed, like all my other books aiming at addressing various social issues, this book addresses the social issue, body shaming & racism.

Leave your comments and thoughts on the first chapter. Lots of Love.❤️❤️