4| Bride candidate

Start from the beginning

Before Kazmus can breathe fire, Dashiel said, "Hindi siya katulad ng mga babaeng mabibili sa pera o nasisilaw sa ginto."

"I don't care bring her to me!"

Dashiel sighed. His friend was so stubborn. "She would just mess your head, Mr. Rozanov. Hindi siya bagay maging bride mo dahil masyado siyang mabait para sa'yo. Just look for a brat or a gold digger, but not someone with a pure heart, she's too good for you."

Okay, that was hard, he thought. Pero hindi na niya mababawi ang nasabi. Dashiel remains controlled as Kazmus turns into an animal like his pet.

Uh-oh, this is good and...very bad.

"How dare you say that to me?!" Walang pag-aatubiling dinampot ni Kazmus ang baril sa likod ng pants at pinaputukan sa binti ni Dashiel. He was brimming in rage and no one can stop him from turning into a killing machine.

Gus remained emotionless, the wheels in his head were turning. Everiss, that sounded so, so familiar. Like a light bulb switched on, his eyes went wide when he remembered where he heard the name. The Vet's assistant! H'wag niyong sabihin na siya ang bride ni Kazmus?! Hindi siya makapaniwala. Ngayon alam na niya kung bakit sila dinala ni Dashiel sa babae, para makilala ito.

Dashiel cursed inwardly, clutching his bloody leg. He expected this. Who would be in the right mind to provoke Kazmus by the way? Only Dashiel him, he provokes to get an answer. Sa nakikita niya mukhang kumakagat si Kazmus sa plano niya. Hindi niya pinansin ang sugatang binti at matapang pa rin na hinarap ang naghihimagsik na kaibigan. Tinaas niya ang isang kamay tanda ng pagsuko at pagpapakalma dito.

"Mr. Rozanov, please consider my word. I saw it myself, Everiss was too good to be true—ask Gus, he met her already," tango niya sa tahimik na lalaki.

Gus tensed, cursing Dashiel in his head. How dare he dragged Gus in his mess?! Nanigas siya nang bumaling sakanya ang kakambal ni Satanas.

"W-well—" Gus stuttered. Fuck you, Dashiel!

"Did you meet her?"

Lumunok siya habang nararamdaman ang pagbuo ng mga pawis sa noo. "Y-yeah. I met her this morning, Sir."

"She was really sweet right, Gus?" Dashiel urged.

Tangina mo sagad! Gus glared at him.

"Y-yes. She has a compassionate heart." Gus closed his eyes, preparing a bullet to penetrate his flesh like what happened to Dashiel.

"I don't want to ruin her life," Dashiel stated firmly.

Kazmus clenched the gun in his grip, he was seconds away pulling the trigger and kill his trusted men but he reigned control. This was the first time Dashiel defy his orders. Dashiel bowed his loyalty to him since their preteen, running away from the monsters. Now the boy who bowed his life to protect him accepted his bullet. To protect a nobody. To protect the girl who ruined Kazmus wedding. Tapos na sana ang problema niya kung walang pumigil dito.

Simple lang naman ang utos niya, papirmahin ang babae ng marriage contract at dalhin sakanya. But the simple task was failed to accomplish by Dashiel who do his orders swiftly done. Kazmus was curious. For Dashiel to protect the woman, there must be something. Did he like the girl?

Nagsalubong ang mga kilay niya. He suddenly felt irritate and...possessive? The woman was his subject, and Kazmus was the man who doesn't share what his.

"Bakit hindi natin ito pag-usapan at pag-botohan? Kay Mr. Rozanov ang gustong sirain ang buhay ng babae. Sa akin ang gustong pumili ng ibang bride," Dashiel suggested.