Chapter 1 - Welcome To Hell

𓃵"Realistically what is going to happen is when you are dead you are not going to know you are dead, so it's not the end of the world

𓃵
"Realistically what is going to happen is when you are dead you are not going to know you are dead, so it's not the end of the world."
~ Perez Hilton
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✟⃛ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Erin immediately noticed that something felt different. Not something that she could physically feel, but something different with her. There was this deep, dark longing inside her. A longing to do harm. A longing to cause evil. It made her sick to her stomach, and yet it felt so right.

The next thing Erin noticed was her surroundings. Her eyes had been closed up to this point, but she could tell she was somewhere really unpleasant. The ground, which she was currently laying on, was caked in a slimy substance that stuck to her skin. The overpowering smell of mildew, sweat, and sulfur flooded her senses. If her eyes were open, she was sure they would've watered.

Whispers came from above her. Mostly deep, gravely voices. She couldn't make out exactly what they were saying, but she could tell it was about her, and they didn't sound happy. Deciding that it was time she finally understood what was going on, Erin slowly opened her eyes. Even in the dimly lit room, she could make out the faces of the crowd gathered around her. They were almost like living corpses, their faces looking pale and covered in wounds. They all looked filthy as well, and they were wearing...animals? Live animals, frogs, lizards, bugs, and many others, sat in the hair or on the shoulders of some of the onlookers. Others just had features that resembled an animal. Erin wanted to scream at the sight of them, but she held her tongue.

"What are you doing here?" a woman who was surrounded by a swarm of flies asked. "You too good for the main entrance? Can't uze it like the rezt of the recently dead soulz?" Erin could not form an answer, simply staring at the woman. She couldn't help but notice that as she talked, flies flew out of her mouth.

"I thought children were meant to go to heaven. What's this brat doing here?" another person asked the fly lady, this one having a frog on his head.

"How should I know? Juzt get her checked in, Haztur," she said, clearly annoyed, "What are you all looking at?! Get back to work!" And with that the crowd hastily dispersed.

The frog man, whose name was apparently Hastur, grabbed Erin by the arm and hoisted her up off the floor without warning. Now that she was standing and there was no crowd blocking her view, Erin could clearly make out where she was. It was some sort of office building, but as she had predicted earlier, not a very nice one. It seemed that everything that could go wrong with this place did. It was overcrowded, clearly not meant for this many people. The ceiling was leaking, which left stains all over the walls and floor, and it looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in a century. What really confused Erin was the anti-motivational posters hanging on the walls. What kind of boss would want to make this place more dreary than it already was?