"Please, don't start."

"Mhmmm. Well, stay safe down there." He can hear the self-pity in her voice as he looks both ways before crossing the street.

"Alright, Mrs. Wilson. I'll get up witcha tomorrow," he says already wearing a grin knowing he's fucking with her.

Misty immediately smacks her lips. "Don't call me that. I'm not that man's wife." Genesis laughs under his breath knowing that means his parents are currently beefing.

But you are. He'll never understand his parents. They're still legally married, but live in separate houses only a block apart. It's not abnormal though. One of his aunts divorced her husband a decade ago, but they still live together. Love's an interesting thing. It's sick if you ask him.

He's been watching it from afar while in college. He can't even fathom getting in a relationship right now. Gee ended up messing around with Amil for a good two weeks. Just some fucking to relieve stress between classes. He's not ready for commitment.

Gee ends the call with his mother putting on his headphones for the bus ride back to the residence hall. When he walks into the building, Gee notices his roommate, Colby, sitting in the common area. He's about to approach Jux, but stops when he sees a police officer talking to him.

Genesis stands back for a second making sure he's out of view. The cop walks away and Jux looks over his shoulder wearing a facial expression of distress. He sees Gee, so he discreetly steps towards Colby. "What's going on?" he whispers.

"Bro, they're searching the room."

"Wait, what?"

"Someone reported us to the R.A."

Gee smacks his lips swinging his head around in aggravation. This is just what he needs. Gee sells weed and Colby smokes a lotttt of it. There was bound to be someone who complains and snitches. All they had to do was ask for a free bag and he would've given it to them to keep quiet.

Genesis could've walked right back out of the building before the police came back, but he didn't. He might as well get this over with. They know who lives in the dorm room regardless.

They're not surprised when they come back with part of the stash. He's lucky he sold most of it. "We need you two to come with us," was the last thing him and Jux wanted to hear, but it is what it is.

They dealt with sitting in an office for hours as a report was made. Luckily for them they weren't arrested. They were given a 'warning' in the form of a fine worth hundreds of dollars. Of course the weed was also taken. He doubts they threw it away like they claim.

Naturally, they reported it to his coach. The next day, Gee finds himself being called into the office, so he stands up and enters prepared for his scolding. Sitting across from his coach he clears his throat and wipes his hands on his jeans.

"Mr. Wilson," he starts. "You've been doing so great off the field until now. Marijuana... Seems to be an athletes biggest enemy," he leans back in his leather office chair. "I get it. It's a plant. But they could've arrested you for the amount you had for intent to distribute. They could've kicked you out of the dorms. They're giving you a break only because of the fact you're on the football team, so don't let it happen again."

"I won't," he responds knowing that's what he's supposed to say.

"I know you're not playing this year. You probably feel stagnant, but keep focused on your classes. You still need to workout, study plays and film. You should be observing and practicing good habits for next year. This isn't an off year to be lazy and get in trouble. It's definitely not for you to freely smoke weed. Don't get caught up in all these other distractions that come with college."