COTE, But It's a Slice Of Life, Comedy, Romance? and Harem(?) Anime: Chapter 1

[Ayanokoji Kiyotaka POV]

The instant I tried to take my first courageous step, someone called out to me. It was the girl who’d sat next to me on the bus.

“You were looking at me at the bus earlier. Why?” she asked.

She narrowed her eyes while we spoke.

"Oh, sorry. I just can't help but look at something beautiful." I answered. The book that she was reading earlier was truly magnificent. I'm not sure if I've ever seen anything that looked quite like it.

Her cheeks flushed pink in response, then a few seconds later, turned redder."W-well... It's not like I hated your stare or anything..."

Eh? She wants me to keep admiring her book? That's kinda weird...

After a minute or so, she adjusted her composture and continued speaking, “Anyway, my name is Horikita. Horikita Suzune. And you are?"

I took a second, thinking about what else I could say. I don't really know how to introduce myself properly, so I guess a simple introduction would do for now.

"My names Ayanokoji Kiyotaka, I'm not really good at anything that requires too much socializing. Sorry if my staring made you uncomfortable." I said politely. I felt bad for making her uncomfortable by being stared at, but honestly, I didn't see why anyone shouldn't stare at her book or admire its beauty. If that was enough reason to stare, then I guess I'll be more than happy to continue doing so every day, as long as it means they get to enjoy the beauty of the novel.

I thought I heard her sigh before I heard her reply, “I-if you don't mind, I'll let you walk to class with me. What's your designated class anyway?"

"Uh, Class D." I replied.

Horikita nodded once and said, “That’s my class too. Maybe we can talk some more after class?”

This girl seemed nice enough. I think that walking together might have actually worked out well.

“Sure.”

---