Genya left his buddy alone for him to rest whilst he's going to continue the hunt for the man he suspects to be his old friend from a year ago.

.
.
.
.
.

"Well well well. How long was it the last time we saw this world view?"

"Ara ara~ I'm estimating a few years."

"Umu! I sensed him nearby!"

"You go ahead Rengoku san. I wanted to go visit someone first."

"Alright then Kocho san. Be safe out there."

"You know i will."

.
.
.
.
.

"Well, that was close."

After being chased by the pillar, Tanjiro managed to escaped and resides in an isolated forest. He sat down and leaned on one of the trees with a lit campfire in front of him. He slowly nodded off while keeping guard of his surrounding.

"No matter how devastated you are. Set you heart ablaze. Grit your teeth and move on."

Those words came from his mentor who died during a mission. It was back when he was still weak and fragile. Now he's strong. He protects those who are weaker than him. Then, he suddenly hears the sound of leaves being crushed. Driven by his survival instinct, he leapt up and pointed his blade towards the neck of the figure standing in front of him. He didn't even opened his eyes yet.

"You're gonna tell me who are you and what are you doing here." He said

"I see you've gotten stronger, young Kamado."

The voice, he recognise that voice. He opens his eyes and it opened wide. He was in disbelief to see his mentor that had died years ago. He dropped his blade and approach the figure.

"R-Rengoku san?"

"Yes, young Kamado? Is there something wrong?"

"You're- You're alive? I-is this for real?"

"I guess so. Oh?"

Tanjiro immediately went to hug his mentor, the former flame pillar, Rengoku Kyoujuro completely ignoring the fact that his foot is literally on fire.

"I see you're smoking a bit there."

"Oh yeah, ouch. Its fine." Tanjiro trying to shrug it off

"So, how are you doing?" Rengoku asked him

"I can't believe it. Rengoku san. Is this really you?"

"Yeah! Of course i am me!"

Tanjiro was so glad to see his mentor after a long time. But he does wonder, how is he alive right now? He's afraid to know the answer and yet, he gain the courage to ask him.

Tanjiro: "But, how are you alive?"

Rengoku: "I uh. I, had become, a d-demon." Rengoku said in a low tone of voice

Tanjiro: "W-what? You b-became a what?!"

Rengoku: "Its okay though. I don't mean harms to human. Just like your sister."

Tanjiro: "That's not the point! You became a demon?! The one thing you swore to destroy?!"

Rengoku: "I have died serving my purpose as a pillar. And then, a person, a child brought me back to life. She gave me a second chance, and i always wanted to meet you the most."

Tanjiro: "How could you?! You said you mean no harm to human. What are you eating then?! Blood right?!"

Rengoku: "Yes but we only needed a drop of blood a day. Not that much."