" I hear you yo... I shoulda asked and that's my bad but I wanted to help out and I feel like you shouldn't be mad about that. Any other nigga wouldn't have done that shit for you and yo mom. You saying it don't got nothing ta do with me but you work fa me now and whatever shit you got going on is my shit too. I don't want you struggling and shit when I'm here ta help you yo. ", I told her. She looked up from her hands and at me. " You don't know the reason why I did what I did. Just know it wasn't just because I felt bad. Ight? "

She nodded and smiled a little bit. I grabbed the papers and gave em to her, " We good then. "

•••

" So how she doing? "

I looked up at Vontae and you could just tell his ass was pissed at me. I could see where it was my fault but I didn't know that nigga was gonna put some in her drink.

" She's good yo, I told you I'm handling it Von. I got people onnit. ", I assured him slouching in my seat. I look around. Ain't been inside a jail for a couple years... I used to hate everybody in that jail.

" I trusted you with her dawg... ", he started saying. I waved him off, here this nigga go. " You supposed to be watching her while I'm in here. You supposed to be doing me a favor, what happened to that? Huh? What happened to keeping her safe and allat shit you promised me? "

He slowly stood up and the guards eyed him and so did I.

" Vontae, I am yo. I slipped up one time, I swear ta you I'm watching her yo. You know I wouldn't- ", I started explaining. " Ion know shit dawg! I trusted you! ", he yelled hitting the table. The guards ran over and grabbed his arms.

" You promised! ", he yelled trying to get out of the guards hold. I stood up and started heading out. Half of me feels bad for letting that happen to Kaycee, and I get that, that's on me... But the other half of me is trying. I ain't never had to ' protect ' or ' watch ' over nobody before.

It's also hard when I can't tell her anything. I can't tell her I know her brother and mom. Can't tell her she didn't really hit her head at the club, I can't tell her shit and it's frustrating yo. I hate having the feeling of having to watch what I say cause if I don't, Kaycee gone start asking questions and I can't even answer em...

Or at least answer truthfully.

•••

" Why you nervous fa? ", I chuckle looking down at Kaycee. She was walking close behind me, playing with her fingers.

" I don't know anybody here... ", she said softly. I stopped walking and turned around, " You know me doe... and I ain't gone leave you nowhere by yourself. I just wanted you to leave the house and shit since you always working on stuff I give you. I feel like you never take breaks. "

We continue walking into Trell house. He was throwing a kickback or whatever to celebrate something, he never told me what it was though.

" Isn't that like.. my job? To work on stuff you give me? ", Kaycee continued looking around the house at all the people. There was a lot of heads hea, I didn't know it was gone be packed like this.

There was a lot of people I recognized though, people I ain't seen since before I went to jail. I look back and Kaycee still following me trying to push past people. I grab her hand, pull her in front of me and put one of my hands on her waist and follow her.