✧ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ✧

Start from the beginning

"No, I'm not cold any longer. I'm suddenly warm enough to take a shower with you."

Jimin parted away to look at his face with blushing cheeks and a soft grin.

"In case you forgot, we have college today."

"So what?"

"And we'll get late this way."

"Who cares?"

"My professor."

Namjoon rolled his eyes, taking the toast before stuffing it into his mouth and one into Jimin's before carrying the other one to the bathroom.

"Then we have to be early."

Of course he couldn't let the shower offer be denied.

~✧~

They headed to college together after having meals properly because Jimin's efforts need to be appreciated. Luckily Jimin had his spare clothes in his bag for the day.

And now he couldn't wait to tell his soulmate about how much Namjoon loved his cookies and of course the after event too.

Namjoon and Jimin spent time together in college, attending their classes and on breaks finding each other in the library.

But their plans after college were different. They had to spend time separately as Jimin had to go out with his mother for essential shopping so Namjoon chose to make his move out of the home after the college duration.

He wouldn't mind hanging out with his friends but he felt an urge to check on his other lovely friends, his reason to smile every time he would get down, the lovely small creatures - dogs and cats.

He wasn't sad but had never been this happy so he couldn't just treat them when he's only sad, why not double treat them when he's so happy after a long time.

So making his way to a store, he bought double the amount of pet treats he would always take to them.

A wide smile was plastered on his face, something which got permanent these days and he knew it would get wider once he would see them.

As expected, when he entered the pet lounge, he was welcomed by a crowd of small creatures rushing towards him, trying to tuck his shoes with their tiny paws and Namjoon giggled to see below in his feet.

"Guess you missed me, huh?" He asked, squatting down to take out their much awaited treats.

They were looking very excited, anyone could say by the way they were trying to climb on his legs, wanting to steal his attention so he wouldn't leave them unsatisfied.

"Okay, okay. Everyone will be treated." Namjoon tried to calm down the over excited puppies and the kittens which were just curiously shaking their tails as he opened packet after packet, fisting their treats in hands to feed everyone one by one.

He was indulged in the storm of tiny creatures but he didn't mind, his complete attention stolen by only them that he couldn't notice the certain someone standing afar who was taking care of them before him.

"Can I treat them too?" And he asked, making Namjoon look up to find a tall figure, in classic gentleman attire. Handsome as always.

His first love, his first heartbreak.

This was the least Namjoon expected before leaving his house. He wouldn't lie that the other male had crossed his mind many times but meeting him in person was completely unexpected.

Namjoon's eyes grew wider when he looked up, hands stopping and his attention was completely stolen away from the puppies and kittens who were fighting together to get the packet off his hands.

Jin sat down, folding his legs as he tried to hold aggressive puppies back, scolding with cute voice and Namjoon was hit hard by nostalgia.

He was the one, the one who told him about this place, introduced him to this safe haven where he could feel delighted and regain his glee.

Jin was the one who first took him there.

"I can't believe this is real, look at them, they're so adorable."

"I know, I always come here whenever I'm down. They make me feel so delighted." Jin said to the other male.

"And you wanted to share your source of happiness with me?" Namjoon asked, heart beating fast to see him sitting next to him.

They just began to know each other through their daily encounters in the library, turning out to be the guy with dimples used to peek at the handsome male through shelves until one day they were alone in a rainy evening and Jin asked him to walk under his umbrella.

It was when it all started. When they shared first hellos and introduced each other, eventually turning into friends but Namjoon was falling for him everyday more and more.

Their friendship was so strong and full of sharing of deepest emotions until one day Namjoon confessed and Jin was out of words to say.

He loved him too, as a companion, as a friend and as someone to share his thoughts with but he had less time in the city because becoming a doctor was his first love, his aim he had to achieve.

You have to lose something to gain something.

Jin chose to lose Namjoon.

And the younger one couldn't overcome this, not before he met Jimin.

Namjoon was quiet all this while. This felt best and worst at the same time. He was all good and fine the moment earlier and now every rotting feeling was coming back in him.

Jin was too overwhelmed to see him again after a long time but he chose to act casual. At least he could see him, as much as he wanted to.

"How have you been?" And he formally asked, stroking the puppy's back while looking up at Namjoon who finally averted his gaze away, only replying in nods.

"Didn't know you still came here." Jin said, smiling afterwards.

There was something frustrating about his way of smiling at Namjoon. He hated how he could act so normal or he just didn't care at all but whatever it was, it's better than Namjoon's silence which only turned everything highly awkward.

"So, I heard you're in your last year of college. What's next?" Jin asked, running out of questions to actually ask.

"Job?" Namjoon said simply, not knowing what else to say.

"How are you?" He then asked back and Jin smiled.

"I've been good. Just here for a little while to spend time with my cousin and aunt.'' Namjoon knew who he was talking about very well.

And again the surrounding was filled with only awkward silence until Namjoon chose to stand up, making Jin look up at him.

"Are you leaving?" Jin asked and Namjoon chose not to say anything, just handed him the bag of treats before turning around.

"Can you stay... just for a while, please?"

He didn't stay when Namjoon asked, so why would he?

But Namjoon couldn't bring himself to leave because he had gone through this horrible feeling when someone leaves.

He chose to stay. He didn't know why.

────•✧•────

The interaction you had been waiting for is finally here.

Keep commenting guys please.

Hope you guys enjoyed!