Chapter 1

"Oh look who it is." Emily mutters, rolling her eyes.

I look up at the door quickly to see James walking in.

I had to admit, he was a pretty big jerk, but also kind of cute. He had a habit of flirting with all the girls, thinking they love it, but they all know that it doesn't mean anything.

"He's pathetic." Michelle sighs, examining her nails.

"You would have to be an idiot to fall for all that cheesy flirting." Chloe pipes up. I watch him intently as he puts his bag in the cubbies and strides past, winking at us.

"Hey ladies." He says smoothly. The girls roll their eyes, Stephanie pretending to gag.

Yes, the flirting was pretty lame and cheesy, but in a kind of cute way.

~~~~

After a long tiring practice, we all went down to grab a smoothie before we headed home for the day.

As I was standing in line, searching my purse for change, I felt a pair of hands on my hips from behind. I snap my head around to see James. He grins.

"Hey Riley." He says, walking in front of me so we were face to face.

"Hi James." I sigh, trying to show my annoyance.

"What do you want, I'll pay." He offers.

"Thanks, but I can pay for my own." I reply.

"No, I insist." He says, and somehow that smile just lures me in.

"Okay, I'll have a peach mango please and thank you." I sigh.

"Got it." He replies with a wink. I roll my eyes and suffer standing next to him until our smoothies are ready.

"And here's your smoothie, beautiful girl." James says, handing me my glass.

Beautiful girl?

"Um, thanks." I reply awkwardly, taking the glass. I dash over to my spot with the girls while he goes with the boys.