Satsuki sat down on a chair and I gave her something to drink.
"Thank you" she said.
"Coach, what's going on?" asked Furihata.

"Well..." said Riko.
The others came back inside, they had been running in the rain.
"What happened, Momoi-san?" asked Tetsuya.

"What should I do, Tetsu-kun?" said Satsuki. "I think Aomine-kun hates me"
"Heh?" said Tetsuya.
"Aomine-kun didn't participate in the semi-final or final of the Inter-High this year" she said.

"That sounds like him" said Hyuga. "Why didn't he though?"
"Injuries. His elbow, mostly" said Satsuki.
"Well, I thought that might be it" said Riko. "The reason must be... the quarterfinal game against Kise-kun and Kaijo, right?"

"That's right" said Satsuki. "You may be a B, but you're right"
"What do my boobs have to do with it?!" shouted Riko.
"If the five members of the Generation of Miracles have a weakness, it's their overabundance of talent" I said. "The Generation of Miracles all possess strength far greater than any high school student. However, because their bodies are not fully developed, their bodies cannot keep up with their talent. Because of this they must restrict the use of their power. If they don't, they'll end up hurting themselves. Causing their managers and doctors extra work"

"Aomine-kun was reckless when he faced Kise-kun" said Satsuki. "I asked the coach not to let him play after that. Aomine-kun freaked out, but the coach took him out of the line-up for the remaining games. But he just found out about it... I knew he'd play recklessly against Akashi-kun again... he told me not to show my ugly face around there again. So I ran away"

"Wait a minute" said Kagami. "Don't you like Kuroko? Who cares if Aomine doesn't like you?"
I felt the pain in my heart again.
'What is this?'

"Yes, but that's not the problem" said Satsuki. "It's different from how I like Tetsu-kun. I'm worried about him, and I can't just leave him alone"
'I was the same... with Seijuro... even now... I still worry about him...'

Satsuki was crying.
"You made her cry" everyone said.
"You lack delicacy" said Tetsuya and patted Satsuki's head. "It's okay, Momoi-san. Aomine-kun won't hate you over that. He knows you were just worried about him"

"Tetsu's right" I said and she looked at me. "You just can't hate your childhood friend, no matter how hard you try"
Even Tetsuya looked at me and I looked away.
"Let's go back together" he said to Satsuki. "I'm sure Aomine-kun is looking for you"

"Tetsu-kun..." she said and hugged him again.
I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was Kiyoshi, he knew I felt jealous...
'Wait? Is this... jealousy? Why is this bothering me now?'

"Kagami, that's how you do it" said Hyuga.
"Shut up! I get it!" said Kagami but he looked surprised when he saw that I wasn't smiling.
"There's one more thing I'm curious about..." said Riko. "I understand why Aomine-kun didn't play in the Inter-High, but do you know why the other two didn't?"

"This is only conjecture, so I can't say for certain, but..." said Satsuki. "Mukkun... I mean Murasakibara-kun only listens to Akashi-kun and doesn't want to play against him. I believe he sat out the Rakuzan/Yosen game for that reason"
"So how about Akashi?" asked Kiyoshi, making me tense up.

"Because he's not interested in the championship" she said.
"What?!" said everybody surprised.
"Not because he doesn't want to win, but because his victory is assured" she said. "After his team beat Touou, he was asked if he couldn't have beaten us more easily if he had played. He said only one thing in reply. That it wouldn't have been interesting"

~

"I'm going to walk Momoi-san home" said Tetsuya.
"Okay" said Hyuga and they started to walk away. "That was quite the surprise"
"Anyway, that conversation..." said Izuki.

"Yeah..." said Hyuga. "The Generation of Miracles is full of monsters"
"I'm gonna go home" I said.
"Maeda, are you okay?" asked Furihata.
"Not really" I said honestly. "I'm just mentally exhausted. See you guys tomorrow"

~

-Tetsuya Kuroko POV-

"You don't usually walk while playing with a ball" said Momoi.
"Oh, this?" I asked and made the ball spin on my finger. "I'm training for a new technique. Oh, right. Do you mind if we stop somewhere?"

We stopped at a basketball playground.
"What is this?" she asked.
"I want to show you my new technique" I said. "I haven't perfected it yet, but you can use it to make up with Aomine-kun"

"What? But..." she said.
"It's fine. I intend to use it, and I won't be able to hide it from him until the next time we play anyway" I said and began to dribble. "Could you take a defensive stance?"
"Huh? O-Okay..." she said and took a defensive stance.
I used my new drive and she was surprised.

~

-Satsuki Momoi POV-

"You don't want me to take you the rest of the way?" asked Tetsu-kun.
"I'll be okay. Thanks for today!" I said and remembered the face of Emiko when I hugged him. I remembered the face he made when I mentioned Akashi-kun.

'She likes him... and the way he looks at her... he has never looked at anyone that way... he likes her... and today, I made her remember Akashi-kun...'
"You should go and check up on Emiko" I said and his face changed.
'I was right' I was sad, but also happy for them.

"She remembered some unpleasant memories" I said. "And... she trusts you. She needs you, more than I do"
He understood what I meant and nodded.
"Let's play basketball again sometime!" I said when I was on the other side of the road. "With everyone!"
"Okay" he said and smiled.

~

-Emiko POV-

I still had Tetsuya's shirt on, it smelled like him.
'What's wrong with me?'
I hugged my pillow and hid my face in it.

I didn't even notice when someone walked into my room and sat down next to me, until I felt a hand on my shoulder.
"Tetsu?" I said when I saw his face.
I dried my tears and looked at him. "Why are you here?"

"I wanted to see how you were" he said. "I was worried"
"Worried?" I asked. "Why?"
"Momoi-san" he said. "She said you might need me"

I blushed and hid my face.
'Am I that obvious?! What must Satsuki be thinking?! I'm the worst friend ever...'
"Well, I guess she wasn't wrong" I whispered and he laid down next to me on my bed.

"He won't hurt you again" he said after a while.
"Huh?" I said.
"Akashi-kun" he said. "He won't hurt you again. I'll protect you, I promise"

"Thank you" I whispered and laid my head on his chest.
I felt safe and protected.
I slowly fell asleep with the sound of a heartbeat and an arm around me.