~

We ran to the court.
"Oh, crap! We're late!" shouted Furihata.
"It's all because Kagami said he was hungry again!" I shouted and I ran in the front.

"I bet Seiho's already won" said Fukuda.
But when we arrived... Seiho had lost, badly...
"No way" said Furihata. "They beat Seiho so easily"

"What..." said Kagami, he was looking at the pale black-haired player. "What are you doing here? Himuro Tatsuya!"
"Taiga?" said the guy, Himuro. "Well, well, Taiga. What a surprise to find you here"
He was speaking in English.

"You don't look surprised at all. Keeping the usual poker face?" asked Kagami in English.
"I ain't keeping a poker face. It's my nature" said Himuro.
"Is it, uh, Himuro? Kagami's friend?" asked Kiyoshi.

"Oh, I can speak Japanese" said Himuro. "I just lived there for so long, I'm still not used to it"
"Good, that'll help" said Kiyoshi.
"We're not friends" said Himuro. "I guess you... could call me his brother"

Kagami told us the story of how he and Himuro became friends, brothers...
And how when they met again in middle school, how Himoru said he wouldn't be his brother anymore if he lost.
But when Kagami saw he was hurt, he lost on purpose.

And when Himuro wanted to risk their past, Kagami had to go back to Japan, so the match never came...
"I was disappointed then, but I came back to Japan this year, and now I go to Yosen High" said Himuro. "I thought we'd meet eventually... let's fulfil that promise today"

"Tatsuya!" said Kagami.
"What?" said Himuro.
"I... You..." Kagami was stuttering.

But Tetsuya lifted Nigo up so he could smash Kagami in the face.
"Ow! Nigo?! You brought him?!" shouted Kagami.
"I don't like it when you're indecisive" said Tetsuya.

"Huh?!" shouted Kagami.
"I think I understand the situation" said Tetuya and he gave Nigo to me. "In any case... I think it's your fault for going easy on him"
"I... if I had won..." said Kagami.

"You wouldn't be able to call Himuro-san your brother, and winning when he was off his game probably didn't sit right with you" said Tetsuya. "But, no one wants their opponent to go easy on them when they love the game. Besides, even if you're not brothers, it's not as though you would change"

"You're right" said Kagami. "I like basketball because I enjoy facing strong players. Even if Tatsuya's my opponent. Thanks, Kuroko. I've made up my mind! If we go head-to-head, I'll play as hard as I can, no matter what, Tatsuya!"
"Sure, I look forward to playing you today" said Himuro. "By the way... Sorry, who are you?"

'He didn't notice after all'
"I'm Kuroko Tetsuya. Nice to meet you" said Tetsuya.
"I see. You're..." said Himuro. "You've found an interesting partner, Taiga"

"Hey, Tatsuya! You know about Kuroko?!" asked Kagami.
"Yeah, a little. And about Maeda-san too" said Himuro and looked at me. "There's actually an interesting guy on my team too"

~

"The final two remaining teams in this tournament are high school teams! Who will win?!" announced the announcer.
I stood on the side-lines with everyone's backs and Nigo.
I looked at Himuro... he gave me a bad feeling.

'Like... them...'
When the tip off began, someone grabbed the ball in the air.
"Oh, you have got to be kidding me" I said when I saw Murasakibara.

"Sorry, could you wait a minute?" he said.
"You're late, Atsushi" said Himuro.
"Sorry. I got lost" said Murasakibara.

"It's been a while, Murasakibara-kun" said Tetsuya.
"Oh? It's Kuro-chin. What are you doing here?" said Murasakibara. "Is Mae-chin here too? Aka-chin told us she went to your school"
"I'm here, Murasakibara" I said.

"Oh, Mae-chin!" he said and waved at me before turning back to Tetsuya. "You look as serious as ever. You're so serious... I want to crush you"
'Drama queen...' I sighed.

He patted Tetsuya's head, who was getting really annoyed...
"I'm just kidding" said Murasakibara.
Tetsuya slapped his hand away.

"Please stop it" he said.
"Oh, are you mad? I'm sorry" said Murasakibara.
"I thought you weren't coming" said Himuro.

"Actually, it's your fault for changing our meeting place at the last second" said Murasakibara. "I only came because you said you wanted to go sightseeing around Tokyo since you just came back to Japan. But you're playing street ball"
"Sorry, sorry" said Himuro. "They said they were down a player, and it sounded like fun"

"Hey... Yosen played in the Inter-High, didn't they?" asked Furihata.
"What? You mean he played in the Inter-High too?" asked Fukuda.
"No, I didn't play" said Murasakibara and I looked up, I was surprised...

"What?! Why not?" asked Furihata.
"I don't know" said Murasakibara. "I mean, the only reason I didn't play is because Aka-chin told me not to"
I froze and Nigo barked.

"Who's Aka-chin?" asked Furihata.
"It's Akashi-kun" said Tetsuya. "He's talking about the former captain of the Generation of Miracles"
"Oh, that reminds me" said Murasakibara and looked at me. "Aka-chin told me to tell you, he likes your hair shorter"

I took a step back and I noticed Tetsuya was looking at me.
'So he was there... that feeling I had... it was him...'
"He said to tell you, you should call him sometime" said Muraskakibara. "I think he's still upset you chose to go to Seirin"

"Right" I said. "I'll keep that in mind"
Tetsuya walked to me and held my hand.
I was sure it was cold to the touch...

"I'm fine" I whispered and squeezed his hand.
"Oh, I forgot" he said and turned back to the group. "Muro-chin, we're not allowed to play in unofficial games. That's why I came here to stop you"
"I see, that's a shame" said Himuro.

"Let's go" said Murasakibara.
"Hey, wait" said Kagami and grabbed Murasakibara's shoulder. "You can't just barge in here and leave like that. Stay a while and play"
"Kagami?!" said Fukuda and Furihata at the same time.

"You should go" I whispered to Tetsuya. "I'm fine, I promise"
He hesitantly let go of my hand and walked back to the group.
I saw how Murasakibara took a part of Kagami's eyebrows...

"Ow! What are you doing?!" shouted Kagami.
"They're so long" said Murasakibara.
"Are you listening to me?!" shouted Kagami.

"Huh? Say what?" said Murasakibara.
'Man... he's still an idiot to everything besides basketball...'
They started to walk away again, but I noticed Kagami had an idea...

'Oh boy...'
"I'm so disappointed" he said. "I didn't know you were such a coward. It's so lame that you're running away"
"Huh, Kagami, are you trying to provoke him?" said Furihata.

"It's so low level..." said Fukuda.
"It'll work" I sighed.
"What? I'm not running away" said Murasakibara.
"Hey, don't push yourself too hard. You were scared" said Kagami.
"I'm not pushing myself too hard" said Murasakibara. "I'm not scared either"