"Why.. why do you have that?" I asked Darcy, gesturing to the journal in his hands and yet he only held it tighter. "I.. it's.. it's mine. It's important, you can't...."

"No, no, no. Hey, it's okay," Brynn's gentle voice prodded through my frenzied mind. "We know it's yours, we know. Darc was only admiring the design, he's not taking it away, okay? I know it's the only thing of Evelyn.. it's the only thing of his that you have. We would never do that, Bambi."

I shook my head in response to his words, a soft sigh leaving my lips. How could I be so ridiculous as not trust my brothers? "Okay, okay. Sorry, Darc, I didn't mean to.. to get m-mean," I softly whispered as he handed me the black journal, and instinctively I held it close to my heart breathing a deep sigh.

Almost like Evelyn was engulfing me into a warm, bear-hug, I couldn't help but relax knowing that the journal was back in my hands again.

Darcy grumbled lowly under his breath, flicking a dark curl from his gorgeous blue eyes. "I can't believe you consider that mean, kid. You're too goddamn nice, sometimes."

"It's a good thing, Darcy," Riley chuckled deeply, his shoulders rumbling slightly from the action. Before I could even comment, his dark blue eyes—the same kind Darcy inherited—darkened slightly almost as if he had caught a glimpse of something or someone.

"Who's.. oh. I assume the black Audi outside isn't any of yours, is it?" Riley's dark eyes were fixated on the sight outside, absently rolling the golden rings on his fingers—almost as if he was controlling himself from doing something.

       "Seems like your boyfriend's here again, hm?" Brynn asked as he stood up from the stool and gracefully moved past the kitchen to join Riley. The pair of male stood tall, upright, their bulging, roped muscles of arms crossed across their chest in an almost intimidating, petrifying manner yet I could only giggle to myself.

Any grown men would pee their pants at the sight, but I couldn't help the fits of laughter that escaped my lips. Darcy rolled his eyes with a slow sigh, resting his chin upon his palm as he watched Riley and Brynn with a perplexed expression.

I silently shook my head to myself, grabbing hold of my precious cargo before sneakily trudging past the pair of overprotective Alpha men, desperately hoping they wouldn't notice my absence. "Hey, kid!" Darn, Darcy. I paused—halted in my steps, my heartbeat skyrocketing as they exhilarated into a feeling of flight. "Isn't that skirt a little too short? Get back here. Now." He demanded in a low, threatening voice.

        "Bambi?" Both deep, authoritative masculine voice called out at the same exact time, and I automatically knew what would happen. My brothers—especially Darcy would force me back into my room, and demand for me to either change or spend the rest of the day at home. 

        I squealed softly almost tripping upon the stairs of flight as I rushed towards the front door. "I'll b-be home soon, I'll miss... miss you guys! Have a good day! Love you!" I yelled out, scrambling to slip on my white converse sneakers before bolting out of the house.

I huffed lowly under my breath when I had finally managed to escape the rainy cloud prodding my sunshine that was indeed my brothers.

Almost immediately, my eyes searched for the familiar pair of dark amber eyes that had managed to hunt me for the past few months.