Chapter 15

It's now Halloween, my favorite holiday, and I got permission from Dumbledore and McGonagall to give candy out to the students after each Transfigurations class. Something the Muggles do.

"Professor, why do you have so much sweets?" Hermione asked, trying to hide the excitement she felt when seeing all of the candy when she walked into class.

"I know that the Muggle World has different traditions than us in the Magical World, but I got permission to give you students some candy after class. Happy Halloween, Miss Granger." I replied with a smile as I sneakily put some extra candy into her school bag.

"Thank you, Professor." She smiled really big before taking her seat, just as the rest of the class started piling in.

"Hrm. So it's you that's been giving my students a sugar rush." A voice said from the doorway, making me look up to find Snape glaring at all of the candy I have.

"Indeed it is, Professor Snape. Do you want some?" I asked with a smile.

"Hrm." Was all he said, so I rolled my eyes and tossed him a giant sized package of licorice wands.

His favorite.

"I didn't accept this, Darlington." He growled, but I could see right through it.

"And? Happy Halloween Snape." I replied, still smiling brightly.

He grumbled before leaving the classroom in a flourish.

"Why are you so nice to Professor Snape? He's anything but nice to you." Ron asked, making me laugh a little.

"Oh dear Ronald, you see that as being mean to me? He could never be mean to his best friend. Even if he tried." I replied as I patted him on the head.

"Best friend?!" The whole class asked in shock.

"Of course! We were best friends all 7 years here at Hogwarts, but then we had a falling out over 19 years ago, but we're good now. All has been forgiven. It was my fault, really, I overreacted to something so small." I replied with a shrug.

"It's true. The pair were inseparable. I'm surprised they haven't gone back to that." McGonagall smiled softly, making me glare at her.

"Is there something more between you and Professor Snape than just friendship?" Harry asked, making me laugh.

"No, why do you think that?" I asked as I was still laughing.

"Because the first day of classes, you weren't wearing that ring, but then after you both left dinner that night, and you walked into breakfast the next morning, you had the ring on." He replied as he pointed at my hand, making me slowly stop laughing as I looked down at it.

"I can promise you, that this ring is not what you think it is kids. It was something that belonged to my mother that we thought she lost the day Snape and I graduated from here. A couple weeks later, Snape came over to my house and returned it, saying his mother had taken it with the use of magic." I sighed, lying so effortlessly.

"Why do you wear it on that specific finger then? Also, what happened to your mother?" He asked.

"This is the finger she wore it on, and both my mother and my father passed away last year in the Muggle World from a car accident in Australia." I replied softly as I tried not to cry as I remembered receiving the letter containing the news.

"Moving on to today's lesson!" McGonagall announced, making me give her a thankful smile before I sat on my desk to watch, and also toss a student candy if they got the answer right.

Don't tell Dumbledore. 

Or Snape. 

Especially Snape.