♧⃘ twenty-three ♧⃘

Start from the beginning

After I dried off, I put on the clothes Corin brought me.

a/u; look at me go, editing the hair again

Meh, it's not too bad.

Not me, though.

Whatever, it'll do.

I checked my contacts in my phone once more, then walked out of the bathroom.

"Juniper! Ah, my sweet child. I missed you!" My mom ran up to me . She gave me a hug, and I refrained from hugging her back.

"How are you?" She asked me with a smile.

"Could be better."

"Why's that?" She frowned.

I wanted to say something like "Because you're here." but I knew it would only cause worse.

"No reason, just not feeling the best right now."

"Well, hopefully you cheer up soon. I'm so glad Corin was able to bring you back safely."

Safely?

That b*tch never told them the story, did he?

"Mhm." I looked away, and saw my dad with a huge grin on his face.

"Oh, Juniper." He smiled even bigger.

My mom was still hugging me, so I softly pushed her off.

"Corin went to get breakfast downstairs in the lobby. Speaking about Corin, I think he likes you." She whispered.

"He does?" I scoffed.

"Yes! Isn't that so cute? Do you like him too? Oh, I think you do!"

"I'm just gonna ignore that question."

"That means she likes him, doesn't it?" She whispered to my dad, and he nodded his head.

"It does not, in fact I have a different crush." I blurted.

The truth was, I didn't have another crush. Not an actual crush, at least.

When I said that, I thought about Tommy. But Tommy was a friend, and even though I still get nervous around him, that doesn't mean I like him.

I said that because I wanted them to shut up.

And now I have to deal with that.

"Really? Who could be better than Corin?"

So many people. Sooooo many.

"I just never had feelings like that for Corin."

Before my mom could reply, I heard a knock on the door. "I'll get it."

I walked over to the doorway, smiling. Is it them?

I got to the door, and twisted the handle. "Hello?"

"Hello ma'am. I know it's a bit early, but I am here for room service." Wilbur said, looking at me, then winking.

"Oh, no worries. Uh, can we stay in the room or do we leave?" I asked.

"You can stay."

I nodded, then let him in the room. He caught eyes with my parents, and then he started making the beds.

This is so- what-

I started to laugh, but stopped when my parents heard.

"Is something funny?" My dad asked.

"Uh- no, I'm just thinking of a memory."

My mom and dad both shrugged, then walked over to the suitcase to continue packing.

I looked back at Wilbur, and he was mouthing the words "Turn around".

I furrowed my eyebrows, but turned around to face the door.

It was left opened, and Tommy was waving his hand for me to come, with Niki in the back.

I smiled, then, without making a noise, left the room.

"All finished! Thank you. I think your child went to the bathroom." Wilbur concluded, and left the room as well.

He closed the door, and then looked at us. "We have to go, quick. Nephie is downstairs with Corin."

I smiled at the plan, and then we all raced to the elevator.

————————————————————

"Nephie!" I whispered, trying to get their attention.

I think the reason Nephie was with Corin while they got me was because Corin hadn't fully met them.

Of course, the normal "Nice to meet you!" but no big talk.

I saw Nephie say something to Corin, then they looked around and found me.

I motioned for Nephie to come, and they walked over to me.

When they got closer, they started running into a hug. "I'm so glad you're okay. Just give me a moment, then I'll be back. I have to do something."

"Okay?" I nodded, then Nephie headed back to where Corin was.

I saw Corin look back at them, and he smiled.

Nephie flung the food out of his hands, and smiled. Then they grabbed the milk he set on the counter beside him, and poured it over his head.

Corin looked at them with wide eyes, and Nephie started walking back over to my area, still smiling.