⑅ TWENTY TWO ⑅

Day-Off Encounter

△▽△▽△

THE FIRST HOGSMEADE VISIT after Winter Break finally came once the pile of homeworks were given. Third to seventh year students were all excited getting ready to head at the small village down Hogwarts.

A girl who goes by the name, Marlene McKinnon practically dragged her friends to hurry up, so that they can head down quickly. She said she needed a huge restock to her pile of sweets, and she wanted to get them before Honeydukes gets crowded.

Aurora threw her denim jacket on, and went to search for her Gryffindor scarf - January wind are exceptionally cold - she looks through her trunk until she saw the red and gold fabric carefully folded on the very bottom of her luggage.

Her lips parted and her eyes widen, the sight of her scarf wasn't the one that internally surprises her. It was the sight of a thin golden chain that lies beside it.

She picks up the necklace and gaze at it. She had taken this off - she was contemplating if she would just leave it back at home or bring it with her - she decided to just place it down her trunk in the end.

Looking at it, Aurora's stomach made a twisted churn. She thought about not wearing it for awhile, it seems childish to do so since it's just a piece of jewelry that doesn't mean anything.

Oh, but it does. The necklace means a lot to her. The silver jewel and the golden chain, the carefully made pendant taking in form of a cluster of stars in the Taurus constellation, one of those stars was Alcyone.

It was the necklace Remus had given to her, during New Years when he had kiss her and left.

Yes, this holds too much memory about that moment. And maybe that was the reason Aurora decided not to wear it for awhile.

Looking at it, examining it now, it looks awfully beautiful that she's almost driven with the urge to wear it back. Almost.

If only the trickle of bitterness wasn't stronger. Because oh, how it was.

Aurora sighed and stood up from her crouch down position, and walk up to her nightstand. She opened her drawer, and with one last glance at the piece of jewelry, she place it gently down the drawer and shut it close.

For a couple of seconds, she could only stare in daze at the drawer she had just close, struck with the idea of pulling it open again and pick the necklace to place it around her. Of course, she doesn't.

This was just a mere urge.

Aurora was no fool. She doesn't do the same mistake twice, doesn't commit the same failure for a second time, no she doesn't. When she realize things are too far out of her reach, she turns around and walk away. She was not to dwell unto things she knew she can't have.