⑅ TEN ⑅

Nargle Hunting

△▽△▽△

AURORA STOPPED IN HER TRACKS when she heard a shuffling of feet following behind her. In a swift movement, she turned around and saw Remus stopped as he was caught.

"Remus? Why're you following me?" she asked confusedly.

"Had to keep you safe, shouldn't I?" he grinned and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm fine by myself, thank you!" she said briskly before turning around.

She heard Remus chuckle behind her.

"I doubt that, Rory."

Aurora halted in steps as she heard her nickname splutter out of his mouth. Remus had also realized what he said and caught on it, as a rush of blood crossed through his cheeks.

"Sorry, that just slip out." he quickly apologized.

She had never let anyone call her Rory other than her close friends and family. She never really like anyone she's not casual with, call her that. She only picked a few on who can.

And the marauders, surely weren't part of the few, nor is Remus Lupin.

But how her nickname slide out his tongue, was nice. His voice was soft and gentle when he called her that. And in all honestly, she doesn't care if he ever starts calling her Rory from now on.

"I don't mind..." she said with a smile, giving him a brief glance before continuing on.

"Really?" Remus asked in disbelief.

"Mhmm.." she hummed.

"But how come you never let Sirius nor James call you that?"

"Well, they're gits." she remarked briskly, making the werewolf chuckle as they both exited the portrait wall. With Aurora leading the way with the marauders map on hand.

"So I'm not?" Remus asked with a smile.

The platinum blonde felt herself heat up as she giggled.

"Not really. You're different." she said.

"How?" he asked with a frown.

"You're not a player as Sirius nor a troublemaker like James, and you're not shy like Peter. You're in the average of normality." she stated and he suppressed out a small smile.