𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓-8

*SATURDAY *

Here I was outside my mother's house. I knocked twice.

why are you knocking? this is supposed to be home.

Its supposed to feel like home but it doesn't anymore.

The door opened revealing to me Nicole, Paul's youngest daughter.

She was 5'5 tall, with clear caramel skin . She was a pretty girl.

"Hey Zara", she came in for a hug while I hugged her back.

Nicole was nothing like her father ,she was a really kind young girl who didn't talk much.

"How have you been?", I asked her.

"I been real busy with school but besides that I been chilled",

"That's good.",

"Thanks, your mom is in the kitchen baking your favorite cake", she smiled at me.

And we both went to the kitchen to see my mother wearing her yellow apron that had cartoon cupcakes on it with a bit of baking flour on her cheek.

"Honey", she smiled big when she noticed me leaving what she was doing to hug me.

"I missed you so much", she looked at me squeezing my cheeks like I was a little baby.

For the first time in a long while I recognized her. Now this was my mom, this was the women who raised me.

Seeing her genuinely smile brought me so many happy memories from the past.

"Go sit down. I made you your favorite cake, it's ready but its cooling down for now ", she went back to applying icing on some cupcakes she baked.

Nicole went upstairs to her "new room", while I got sitted in the living room.

I took out my phone to check up on my bestfriend since we hadn't talked today.

*Text*

Me: hey loving

Pierre🧡👑: Hey friend

Me: how u doing today?

Pierre 🧡👑: Not good coz I don't know how your date went🙄

Me: it went great. I really enjoyed my time with him 🥰

Pierre 🧡👑: Thas good,I hope you ain't preggies😏

Me: 🙄I am. With triplets 🤰🏽🤰🏽🤰🏽

Pierre 🧡👑: I always known you is a fertile gworl!🤌🏾

Me: 💀

*

Text Over*

Just texting about my date gave me a flashback.

*Flashback *

We had just came from the carnival and we're standing outside my front door.

"You look beautiful ",Nique said putting his one hand in his pants pocket while the other rubbed the back of his neck.