stargaze

Y/N's POV

I led on the grass. The cold, autumn air surrounded me. All I could hear were the groans of the dead, who weren't able to reach me due to the fence separating us. I watched the stars that sat in the sky like candles lighting up a dark room.

I was left alone with my thoughts. That was until heard crunching of leaves and frosted grass next to me. My friend, Carl, led down next to me, staring up at the night sky, just like I did. I turned to look at him. His sheriff's hat was placed next to him, and I admired his perfect features.

"Take a picture, Y/N, it'll last longer." Carl said playfully, not taking his eyes off the stars.

"How did you know I was staring?" I asked, still facing him. Carl turned to me.

"I could just tell," Carl said. "Why are you out here anyway? It's freezing."

"I like watching the stars."

"But they don't do anything. They just sit there."

I chuckled at Carl's immature behaviour. "I'm serious!" We both exploded into fits of laughter.

"But they're nice to look at. It's relaxing." I said, calmly.

We sat in silence for a few moments as we both watched the stars. "I guess, they are nice to look at." Carl said, a hint of red rising on his face. "Can we go inside now? It's too fucking cold out here." Carl complained, making me laugh again. No matter what, Carl never fails to make me smile.

"Sure." I replied standing up. Carl grabbed his hat from the ground and placed it on my head, making smiles form on both of our faces. I stared into his ocean blue eyes, getting lost in them. We both began to lean in and...

"Hey dumbasses!" We turned our heads quicker than lightning to see Glenn, stood by the entrance to the prison. "You need to come back inside before you both freeze to death!"

My face turns bright red, and so does Carls. We both walk back to the prison, Carl walking a little further behind me. Glenn starts walking next to Carl and nudges him, grinning. "Shut up, man." Carl says, nudging him back as a smile creeps up onto my face.

A/N: glenn being the cockblock he is smh😟😟