Chapter 27: Talking for Confort and Crypto tags along

Start from the beginning

I however got her back when we encountered Loba leaving the cafe. Anita had kept starring at her, and when I asked she got defensive and also blushed flustered.

When we sat down, we went to a small two seat table by a window enjoying the view and chatting. She got black coffee, and I got a pink raspberry passion tea.

"So, you and the lady killer?" I asked raising an eyebrow. "So, you and the junkie with metal legs?" She retorted smug with a chuckle.

"You know, you still have to talk to him...I've known these legends from the day they stepped through the doors. He's a strange case, but he's not like Kai. He cares deeply and at times, shows his true self behind the crazy junkie." She said taking a sip.

I smiled knowing I've seen it before. I've always thought of Octane as his true personality, but I guess Octavio Silva is also a big part of him.

With a sigh I took a sip of my tea and talked more with Anita. She was really good company, and when it was getting late, we went our separate ways.

I was now skating to my room while looking at a map of the city. I decided to go out tomorrow to shop for everything I would need, not just clothes, but some equipment to keep my gadgets in top shape and some personal hygiene.

I got to my room and went in closing the door behind me. I than got ready for bed and when I looked at my clothes, I realized I still had the hoodie he gave me.

I took it off for a second and threw it at the wall angrily. Than I walked over, picked it up, and put it on heading to bed.

-morning-

I woke up at 9am to a knock. I growled and got out of bed yawning and walked quietly to the door. I peaked through the hole and saw Octane.

I really didn't feel or want to talk to him. I decided to just watch him until he knocked again. "I'm sorry....Come on I know you're in there." He said as he sighed sadly and rubbed his arm.

He was in some denim shorts that stopped at his knees, as well as a black shirt with a skull on it. He had his goggles and mouth cover on and was holding mine in his hand at his side.

I sighed and looked for some paper and a pen. I wrote quickly. "come back later", than slid the paper under the tight squeeze of the bottom.

I quickly looked at the peep hole and saw him pick up the paper and read it. He seemed upset and crumbled it.

"Why can't we talk now??" He asked impatient and sad. Like a child. I than saw someone come form the side and smack him over the head, than someone else came and smacked him again.

It was first Ajay, than it was Anita. They scolded him for being intrusive than told him to just come back later. He seemed insistent to stay, but Ajay calmed him down and talked to him calmly about how I might feel with his behavior yesterday.

Anita added that I am bothered by his demanding tone. He seemed to think for a second and looked confused than quickly understood.

He looked at the door and just stood there. Than he looked down at his hands at my googles. He than shuffled to the side and walked down the hallway by himself.

The girls looked at each other and nodded following him. I stepped back and rubbed my eyes than went to the bathroom. I got ready and was now in my gear.

I grabbed my raincoat and thought for a second. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. I decided to put on my raincoat and left the hoodie of Octavio on the bed.

With a sigh I grabbed my things and left. I skated with my knee high boots, and just proceeded to slowly push myself forward.

I had my raincoat open and was just looking around the hallway. It was fairly boring and when I got to the elevator I just watched as the numbers went down after pressing the button.

I got to the main floor and pushed forward skating down the walkway. There was a lot of people going in and out. Some were technicians, other office workers who probably helped organize the game, and even some important businessman with secretary's following them.

I ignored them and kept skating looking forward. As soon as I stepped out someone tapped my shoulder. Nervously I glanced back hoping it wasn't Octane.

I relaxed when I saw Crypto. "Oh, hey." I said as I turned to face him. "I heard what happened yesterday with the junkie." He said looking to the side than back to me.

I looked to the side and shrugged my shoulder. "Where are you going right now?" He asked. "Shopping...for everything. I might even buy a place to live in that's a little bigger for a torture dungeon. Not sure yet, maybe it'll grow on me." I said in an annoyed tone as I turned and kept skating.

"Can I come?" Crypto called out.