Chapter 27: Talking for Confort and Crypto tags along

Catalinas POV

I felt myself get angry and took a deep breath, I than made it to the laundry mat. I saw Bangalore and acknowledged her with a little wave than went to one of the many machines.

"The addict was looking for you." She said out of the blue. "I know. I ran into him at the front door when I was coming back from grocery shopping." I responded after sorting my clothes and loading the washers.

"Yeah, I told him not to over react when he came knocking on our doors. I even told him you might get upset because he would seem like your guard." She commented. I glanced over and saw her walking to me and sitting at a bench beside the machine I turned on.

I looked forward and to the machines buttons. "Do...do you know about my past?" I asked putting my hands on the corner of the machine and focusing on them.

"It wasn't my business to ask. Other than Ajay, the junkie, Natalie, and the gas man know. Neither of them told anyone anything so it's closed." She said to me with a hopeful smile.

I smiled a little than took a deep breath looking at the washing machine. I than began to explain some of my past. I sat beside her while I did and at times I stopped and she let me collect myself.

"And so, his tone of voice made me remember Kai. His demanding and cold tone crawled under my skin...for a second I saw Kai. Not Octavio, nothing but Kai." I said slumped over holding my head in my hands feeling my fingers digging into my curls and being tugged unintentionally.

I felt Anita's hand on my back as she tried to confort me while still listening. "I don't know what to do, my shattered mind that I glued together to be normal was broken, so why do I feel like its being broken even more. All of this is making me crazier than I already am.." I said shutting my eyes for a second.

"Why did I do this to myself...why did I believe he loved me. And because of all the scars on my heart, I'm rejecting any feelings I have for that idiot...Deep down I want to know more about him and play more games with him, but I don't want to be broken and controlled again..." I said wide eyed looking at the floor still holding my head.

"And I'm crying!!! How hilarious for someone who hardly cried as a child to be breaking down in tears so much." I said chuckling a little. "Everyone cries Cherry. It's normal human nature." She responded.

I whipped my eyes and glanced at her. "I'm sorry I'm dropping all of this on you." I said standing and taking the clothes out of the washer and to the dryer.

"No, it's fine. Sometimes we just need to vent. Talk about our problems, and maybe go get some drinks to help us feel better." She said leaning against the dryer.

I felt myself smile a little as I completely whipped my tears and took a deep breath. "I would love to." I said feeling hopeful. She smiled to, put a hand on my shoulder and went to grab her clothes.

After a bit of waiting and small talk out clothes we're finished and we both folded. Once we finished, we walked down the halls chatting with our baskets in our arms.

We both laughed when we realized our rooms were beside each other. After putting our clothes down, we walked together to the cafe.

It was actually really fun. The walk was fairly strait forward and we spoke more. She than asked about my crush on Octane and teased me when I blushed and looked away.