Chapter 22: Eavesdropping

Cherries POV

I looked down gritting my teeth. "Wait!! I can explain!!" Octane shouted shaking his hands as he saw my steaming. "I didn't mean to-." He said but I cut him off.

"You had not right!! What if I didn't want to tell you about my past!!" I shouted stomping over. He stumbled back and feel on his butt with Lifeline putting her hands up apologizing as well.

I than couldn't control my temper and began to yell at Octane in my old language. I kept going and I heard Path gasp in a way.

I turned and saw him covering his screen. He probably understood. I than turned back to Octane and called him some insults in Spanish and stormed past him into the ship grabbing my belt and sneakers.

I slipped my sneakers on cursing under my breath and tried to control myself but I was failing.

He got up and tried to explain himself but I pushed past him to go outside putting my belt on. I started walking away from the area and took out the grenade balls turning them into gauntlets.

"Fuck off!!" I shouted kneeling down and shooting myself into the air. I kept going turning the mountain and making it to the waterfall again.

I skated away heading anywhere really. I than stood near the Lab and sat under a tree crossing my arms. I played with the flowers and felt angry and sad.

I liked finally expressing my feelings and explaining my story to Watson, but Octane and Lifeline listening without my permission, makes me feel violated.

I held my knees to my chest and looked down at the grass. Sometimes when I think of the past, I feel so much weight being set back onto my shoulders. I feel like the world is starring and laughing because I put myself in that situation and I stayed.

I felt my tears flowing and got angry because this isn't like me. I don't cry, I laugh. Annoyed I laid back and looked up at the sky.

"Do I like him to the point that this is upsetting me so much....?" I asked to the sky. I like Octane a little. A crush some would say. But I don't want to feel like that anymore...I know he's different but I thought he was different too....

I covered my face and cleaned my tears laying on my side now in the shade of the tree. I was interrupted by a sound. I knew it was Cryptos drone...

Annoyed I covered my ears and closed my eyes curling into a ball. I heard running and ignored it. I heard it stop in front of me so I rolled over to my other side.

"Cherry.." I heard Crypto call. I grunted in reply removing my hands from my ears and hugging myself. "It's ok. The runner is by the towers. We can go back to the ship." He suggested.

I stayed like that than sat up and looked up at him. He knelt down and whipped a tear from my eyes than held his hand out.

I sniffled a little than grabbed his hand standing up. "May I ask why you ran away? Ajay said, she and the runner were listening in on something important and it upset you." he said as his drone returned to it's place.

"It was something I didn't feel confortable sharing with them yet, something personal. I chose to express it to Watson and Dr. Caustic at the time, but the others hid and listened in..." I said holding my hands and looking to the side.