Chapter 19: Crypto

Catalinas POV

He was typing fast. I sat the chair and pushed myself towards him. As I spun a little I saw Octane tilt his head then walk over to his own computer set up.

I slowing down my momentum and stopping beside Crypto. I watched and he glanced at me and kept going.

"When you tracked me, you broke the connection my sister made for me. It was a gift...." I spoke as I spun in my chair.

"It's impenetrable. So I have to compliment you." I said as I stopped spinning and examined his typing speed.

He didn't respond so I got bored and leaned back in the chair, pushed myself away. I was caught off guard when he grabbed my foot and pulled me back and kept typing.

"Thank you." He simply said under his breath. "So he can speak. Well you are good at what you do, I would have thought you got more compliments." I said as I looked at the empty room again.

"Practice." He simply said and kept typing. "Practice isn't always what matters. Sometimes you're just born with it." I said as I swung my feet back and forth.

He stopped typing and I looked at him when I heard the silence from him. He was looking at me curiously and closely.

I shrugged my shoulders and turned to look at the legends. Octane was taking to Lifeline and I could tell it was probably about Watsons outburst.

He was still playing his video game but wasn't jittery or jumpy like usually. He was trying to ignore her. Lifeline was tired of it and smacked him over the head and walked over to Gibraltar and Bangalore.

I glanced at Crypto who seemed to be distracted again. I then felt a gaze on me and looked to see Watson glaring with a pout.

I stuck my tongue out to express I didn't care and spun around to face Crypto again. "I'm bored. You got any-." I said and stopped when he shoved something in my face and went back to work.

I looked at him for a second confused than looked down at the game boy. I squealed and spun than began to play. I heard him chuckle a little and kept typing. I was now with my knees to my chest leaned back playing a game.

I was enjoying the game and just in general having a swell time. Crypto left for a second and retuned putting a plate in from of me on his desk.

I acknowledged the plate but kept playing as I was beating the level. He didn't seem to keep working and just stared at me.

I than felt him chuckle and pick something from the plate up. I'm pretty sure it was food so I opened my mouth and he put a bread in. I took a bite and kept playing.

Suddenly I lost and sighed setting the game boy down and taking the bread form Crypto. He picked up the game boy and looked at me surprised.

"You beat my high score. I've been playing this one for 2 years now.." he said as he looked at the games screen.

"But I didn't beat the game..." I said pouting as I finished the bread. He chuckled and leaned back in his chair. He said something in Korean and began to work again.

"Very cleaver indeed." I said agreeing with his statement. He glanced at me quickly. "I know a couple languages. How is that surprising?" I asked as I grabbed another bread and spun the chair.

He was gonna reply but there were words on the screens. "Today's lesson; free fall. Practice safely falling if your jet pack fails and you cannot fix it before landing. Once you get to the ground, head to Pathfinders Fight Night." The voice said.