"I understand, but halmeoni wants you to," I say. "Go for it..."

He gently cups my cheek, "We should head back, I'm sure the food is ready."

Jungwon...

*******

"And Sunghoon?" Halmeoni asks Jungwon as we're seated in front of the magnificent spread.

Halmeoni prepared seaweed soup, Jungwon's favorite, japchae, homemade kimchi, braised potatoes and other special side dishes made with love!

"He quit ice skating," Jungwon informs before indulging into his soup. 

"Really?" Halmeoni asks in shocked. "He could've went to the Olympics!"

"That's what you told me when I quit Taekwondo," Jungwon says with a laugh.

"Oh, you were that good huh," I tease him.

"He's the best at everything he does," Halmeoni hypes him up. 

I look over at Jungwon. I'm sure he knows he's the best, but why doesn't he want to show it? There's that inner ambition inside of him that some may not see because of his innocent features. I wish he would just go for it.

"Sunni's a really good singer," Jungwon suddenly compliments.

Halmeoni's eyes widen. "You don't say!!" She lets out impressed.

"Ya!~" I nudge him with my elbow.

"So we have two idols to be?" Halmeoni raises her eyebrows and smiles at us. 

"That's the dream!" I brightly say.

"Tell me Sunni, when did you realize you wanted to become a singer?" She asks giving me her full attention.

Jungwon then puts down his spoon and does the same. Gosh, they're exactly alike.

I clear my throat and start to think. I feel like I've known since forever. There was never a day that I wasn't singing or dancing when I was younger. It was just in my soul, but if I were to think about a time I truly wanted to sing, was when I sang for my mom for the first time...

This was before she wanted me to become a professor, and before I became a crazy wannabe idol.

Mom was always working, so she never really heard me sing until I was 10. 

It was the day of my birthday, and sadly the death anniversary of my dad. Even though my mom always seemed so bright and cheerful for me, I could always see the hint of sadness in her eyes. 

"I overheard my mom singing Meet Him Among Them by Lee Sun Hee on my 11th birthday," I start explain. "The song was just released and I could tell my mom absolutely loved it. Though she never explained why, I knew it was because of my dad."

The lyrics to the song resonated with her. I remembered hiding behind the kitchen wall hearing the pain in her voice. It was nearly 10 years since dad died, yet her heart still felt that pain.

"I went to my room and looked up the lyrics right away and sung it for her that night," I say reminiscing the exact scene.

She teared up, almost breaking down in front of me, but knowing my mom, she didn't want me to see her like that.

"She hugged me and said 'Wah, my daughter sings just like Ms. Lee Sun Hee,' but.." I pause. "That day was the last time I heard her sing that song... and she never played it again."

I take a second to continue. Just remembering her face at the time. I know she probably felt like I saw her at her weakest, and she always wanted me to see her tough side.