No. Stop it Annabelle.

I shake my head to get rid of any thoughts about him. Instead I focus on the back of his head, wondering how his messy hair looks like bed hair and yet, it suits him.

God damn it.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely have no attractions towards Adam…I just think his hair and his back is nice. Friends check out other friend’s hair and back and it’s normal. Completely and utterly normal.

“So…are you going to answer my question or not?”

“Huh?” I snap back to look at his face that’s turned to face myself. I blush red, sheepishly asking him to repeat what he just said. He stops for a second just so he can walk beside me before continuing.

“Are you okay?” He looks at me worriedly and I brush him off, telling him that I’m perfectly fine. “Then why do you keep on spacing out?” He asks stopping and grabbing my wrist softly. I raise an eyebrow and he lets go. “I forgot about that look.” He mutters and he starts to walk but this time, I’m the one to stop him.

“What look?”

“That look you always give me before this trip and all.” He confesses. My mouth falls to a shut, a look of slight regret dawns upon me. He notices my change in mood and he quickly tries to cover up his mistake of bringing up my past attitude towards him. Granted, that he does have the right to bring it up and it was only hours ago that I acted like that to him.

Hours ago…

Wow

To think that a couple of hours ago, I was still scowling and making snarky remarks towards him. I don’t really know how I warmed up to him so easily and in just under a few small hours.

No wait, I do know.

He gave me what I didn’t know I craved the most.

Freedom

To escape my luxurious yet trapping princess like lifestyle.

Who wouldn’t warm up to your savior immediately?

“I-I need the bathroom.” I say quickly, darting off before he could stop me. I don’t know the building and I think I will eventually have to talk to one of the staff to direct me to room 28. To avoid that embarrassing encounter, I try to memorise the way I came from and I hope to everything that is good that Adam stays there or at least go to his mum’s room.

I can hear him calling me from the distance I’ve created between us but the beating of my heart eventually drowns out all sounds. I struggle to find the bathroom and when I finally did, I lock it after me, thankful that no one’s using it.

“Calm down you drama queen.” I mutter to myself, rubbing my temples as I stare at myself through the mirror.

Never in my whole life have I felt so stressed right now. I refuse to cry again because I’ve cried too much today already and I am not a cry baby. I’m an independent grown woman…of seventeen years of age.

How old is Adam?

My eyes widen in realisation that I barely know anything about the guy that I decided this morning I would hand my life to in his hands in order for us to go outside. For all I know, he could have been a murderer in disguise and he’s lying about Fiona.

Fiona

I feel bad prolonging our encounter so with one last deep breath, I push myself to unlock the door and exit the bathroom and in almost a second, I’m engulf in a bone crushing hug. Adam mumbles apologies and his hot breath fans my neck, sending a train of shivers throughout my whole body.