【Part 6: Distance】「Satoshi」

Chapter 6: Distance

School was pretty much the same thing. Me, and Hiro presented our presentation, and that was basically it. We didn't speak much since his confession to me was pretty awkward. I didn't have anything to say to it. I am still with Kazuo.

"Are you coming to work?" Hiro takes my shoulder just as I was about to leave the classroom to head off to my next one.

"I don't think I can do that job. Please understand. I have another job to tend to."

I could see the disappointment in his face. "I understand. I will tell Director, but if you ever want to come back, we will take you."

"I will thank you. I will catch you later."

"Satoshi!" He calls out. I turned to see him smiling. "I will wait for you. Maybe I'll quit too!"

"Why?"

"To pursue you." He chuckles. "See you." He walks off. What an odd guy. Why the hell would he want me for?

Classes were slow. I fell asleep in my class yet again. I saw Kazuo text me during class so I snuck a peek. "Hey Satoshi, I won't be able to pick you up. I have things to do. Love you."

"Okay love you." I replied. Our 'love you' texts seem so dull, and empty.

I walked out to wait for my bus, and Hiro scoots on over to me. He hands me some type of cream. "For the bruise." He pokes his cheek indicating where mine was.

"Thanks." I took it, and slipped it in my book bag.

"Want to hang out? There is a new arcade out."

I've never actually been to an arcade. I've seen them in movies, and I would occasionally pass by the one near my way, but I never went to one. "Sure." I replied. I can't lie, I wanted to go to one.

"Okay! Do you have work?" He asks.

"Only on Tuesday, and Thursday since those are the days I don't have university."

"Then it works out. We have to take bus 3 then."

We both headed towards bus 3 to board. It was pretty crowded. I wasn't used to taking bus 3. I mostly took 6 or 7 since it lead to the dorms.

"God so busy." I groaned.

"I know. So many people head on this one since it goes to the shopping center, and arcades. You need to get out more." He chuckles.

We found a seat in the far back. I sat down at the window seat since I didn't want to constantly be pushed by people walking down the isle.

"Here." Hiro hands me a gummy snack. "My mom always has these in the house. They are super good. I hope you like strawberry."

He reminds me of Ita. I zoned out after I took the snack. I could remember Ita so clearly it almost hurts.

"Sato Sato! Come sit here. I saved you a seat dick head!" Ita waves, and I go to sit.

"What you want fag?" I chuckled.

"My mom brought home a ton of these stupid gummy snacks from her family gathering. I get sick of eating these." He takes a handful, and dumps it on my lap.

"Gee thanks. Giving me your trash." I rolled my eyes.

"No no think of it as a token of my appreciation for dealing with me."

"Sureeeeee." I chuckled.

I snapped back into reality, and saw Hiro munching away at the gummy candy. Ah I miss you Ita you have no idea. I have no one to confide in like before.