Book 4 ~ Chapter 13

Start from the beginning

"Mm, I noticed that. You and Lei have had your hands full for a while, how are you guys by the way?" Korra asked, they never had the chance to catch up with everything going on in the City.

"We're doing good, but how are you doing?" Mako asked, Korra sighed deeply.

"Not so great, really," Korra said, as she turned to him with a sad expression, "I can't shake what Tokuga said about my actions having consequences. Maybe if I had stopped the eel-spirit from attacking Tokuga, instead of helping Asami, none of this would be happening right now,"

"Tokuga's unhinged. He's just trying to mess with your head. Don't let him," Mako paused, "I remember when Lei was captured by the Red Lotus, I kept blaming myself and going out of my mind with worry, it was probably the worst week of my life,"

"Really?" Korra asked.

"I know what you're going through. That's why I want to help you find Asami," Mako said softly.

"And you always have additional help when you need it," Lei said, as she walked up to them. Korra smiled at her and embraced her into a hug.

"Korra, I know I haven't been talking lately since you told me about you and Asami," Lei started, as they pulled away from the hug. Korra smiled softly.

"Kya told me about the Fire Nation's history of same sex marriages," Korra said, Lei's eyes grew with shock.

"She did?" Lei asked, Korra nodded, she continued, "Regardless, please know that I accept you guys, and as long as your happy, I'm happy,"

Korra smiled and pulled Lei into another hug, "Thanks, Lei. You're always there for me,"

Korra and Lei turned to Mako, who stood there awkwardly. Lei raised an eyebrow at him, "Aren't you gonna say anything?"

"Korra, If you ever noticed me acting a little weird, It's only because I've never had one of my exes date another one of my exes before. It's taking a little time to getting used to. But I am happy for you both," Mako said, as he rubbed his neck in embarrassment. Korra and Lei lightly chuckled.

"Don't worry about it, Mako," Korra smiled, but then remembered the matter at hand, "What are we gonna do about the Triple Threats?"

"I think I know a way to search for Asami without tipping them off but I'll explain later. Beifong can't know what we're up to," Mako answered, as he cautiously looked back at the chief.

᯽♡𓆉♡᯽

Back at the portal, the airbenders patrolled around the Spirit Portal, with the United Forces watching over them carefully from the other side of the wall.

"Daaaad, protesting is so boring, and I'm hungry. Can we go now?" Meelo complained.

"No, Meelo. It's vital that we all stand together as one," Tenzin explained, he kneeled down to his son's height, "President Raiko needs to understand we're not going anywhere until he changes his mind,"

"And how long is that going to be?" Meelo asked.

"For a stubborn man like him, it could take weeks, maybe longer," Tenzin answered, Meelo raised his eyebrows.

"You mean, we might be here forever...?" Meelo gasped. Suddenly, a part of the wall surrounding the portal was brought down and revealed Raiko standing at the fron of it.

"Airbenders, evacuate this area immediately, or you will be forced out!" President Raiko announced through the megaphone.

"Raiko wouldn't dare," Tenzin muttered.