I sat up on my bed and thought for a solution. Maybe I should invite him to my house and just grab the scarf when he's not looking? That's kind of disrespectful and rude though, I would never do that to him. I really don't know what to do, if I somehow find a way to bring the topic up again, it'll gonna be so awkward and he'll never answer that. Maybe I should just give up now.

"But I am fine, you don't have to worry." I am really hoping you're telling the truth, because unlike you, I can't read people that well.

.。*♡✧*.♡*。.

"Good morning, Brett!" I waved at him at the bus station. We always take the bus to go to school, sometimes I'll bring some games so we could play while sitting there. But if the driver is sick, we just walk to school and wake up a bit early than we usually do. I ran up to him and we both sat on the seats in the bus that we already claimed.

"Good morning, Eddy." He said.

The ride felt like it was 2 whole years before we reached our destination. Brett and I aren't really in the same class since he's one year older than me but we always meet up during breaks to eat together. And sometimes, skip classes to just sit on the rooftop and eat sandwiches. After our first class, I went on my way to the rooftop like I always do to meet Brett there.

I saw my classmates sitting together at the canteen. One of them spotted me and told me to come with them. "Hey Eddy! My guy, join us for once. You're the only one in our class who is always not here eating with us. Where do you eat your snacks anyway?"

"Somewhere else with a friend."

"Ohhh" They all looked at each other with glint in their eyes, teasing Eddy. "Oh no it's not like that. He's a guy, and he's in a grade much higher than me." They all nodded and continued eating.

Hazel pointed her fork towards me, "And what's the name of your friend? I have a brother in the higher grade too and I am certain he knows him. We would wanna meet your friend too." The others agreed to her.

I smiled at them, "He's Brett. We've been friends since we were in elementary."

There was a moment of silence before one of them spoke, "Brett? I know someone named Brett. Before, that is. I really do hope you're talking about a different Brett because...." I looked at them curiously as they we're communicating silently with their eyes alone.

I don't know what's happening but at that moment, I knew I was curious and wanted to know more about what they'll say. But it was interrupted by a loud ring from my phone. It was Brett, but he ended the call early, I saw his message and ran straight to the rooftop.

When I reached the very top, I saw him just standing there. The wind blew harder and I struggled to cover my face.

"Eddy, I know you're talking about my scarf yesterday." He started, as soon as the wind stopped.

I sat on the floor and faced him, "I am sorry, I admit I am still curious about the history or something of your scarf but if you don't wanna talk about it then that's perfectly fine with me. Let's just ea-"

"I am honestly scared."

I frowned, "Scared? Scared of what exactly?"

"I am scared that well- you're bound to find out what's really this scarf is all about." Brett turned to face me, his eyes all red and all I can see are tears, "I am sorry if you think that I am coming off as secretive and keeping stuff away from you. You must be very confused."

My frown deepened, "I am. I don't know what you're talking about..."

"Then let it be that way, Eddy." He sat down next to me and hugged me for a split second then moved away, "I understand your curiosity but I am just doing all of this to buy some time. I still wanna be with you, I never want to leave. You'll understand soon enough."