requiem of red.

oh woa, from my drafts !

the warnings and tags are on the table of contents.

--

Sometimes I get this weird feeling that my bestfriend is hiding something from me. I mean, it's not like we have to update everything we do to one another but I just think that he's hiding something from me. Ever since we we're kids he'd always been avoiding any questions about his scarf. He told me his grandmother gave it to him before she died but he never mentioned it after that anymore. And of course, as his bestfriend, I understand that and respect it fully so I never brought the topic up again since then.

He knows he's very special to me, I just don't want him to feel like he can't tell secrets to me. I've always been a great secret keeper my whole life, probably because I really do have no reason to spill secrets everywhere. He always reminds me that he trusts me, but perhaps, not enough.

And now, we're walking home together again, like what we always do.

"Do you wanna eat something before we go home? We don't have that much homework today anyway." I suggested while watching him unwrap a candy that he bought from that nearby store.

"Sure." came his short reply.

I smiled and nodded, "Hey Brett, you know you can tell me everything, right? As in everything. I don't mind at all, you know I'll always listen, right?"

He tapped my shoulder, "I know that. But I am fine, you don't have to worry. Now let's go because the clock is ticking."

"Okay. Let's just go."

.。*♡✧*.♡*。.

"Wow!" I stretched my back and yawned, "That meal was so good. Let's go back here again to eat sometime, there aren't many customers also."

"Yeah for sure." He wrapped his scarf tighter around his neck. I observed him for a bit then, started walking.

He paused and turned to me, "Eddy, you should go straight home, it's almost dark now and it's dangerous." He went the other way after that, we aren't neighbors after all. I took his advice and went straight home. I don't wanna get kidnapped also.

I unlocked the door to my house and called, "I am home." I removed my shoes and my jacket before stepping in. I checked my phone for a while, no new notifications. I saw my mom in the kitchen and showed her the results of the tests I took this morning.

"How nice. High scores again, very good. Keep on studying, okay? Look how nice this looks, straight high scores." She praised me.

"Are you gonna let me buy a new book, now?" I pulled one of the chairs and sat on it, "I studied hard for that, Mom. And plus, there's a new volume of that book I've been reading recently." I pleaded.

She laughed and placed the tests gently on the table, "Yeah yeah. You can buy two since I've been seeing progress a lot with your scores."

I cheered and grabbed my bag to go upstairs. I thought about my bestfriend again, I hope he went home safely. I checked my phone, still no new notifications. I selected new clothes from my closet after showering. I really needed that shower, it helped me relax now.

While showering a while ago, I thought about just letting Brett. He'd tell me whatever it is that is bugging him when he's ready. I trust him enough. I buttoned my polo shirt and laid down on my bed. No home works to do, too. It feels so boring. I grabbed my bag to look for a pen and paper, perhaps I'd draw something to kill time.

I was surprised when I blinked awake. Oh, it looks like I fell asleep. I reached for my phone and checked the time. 3 AM. I missed dinner? That sucks, I wonder what they had for dinner. And also, still no new messages. Suddenly, I remembered about that red scarf again. "Maybe it has some sort of symbolism? But for what?" I muttered to myself. I searched it on google and nothing really specific came up. Well at least not what I was looking for. Maybe someday I'll just give up finding what he is hiding from me under that scarf.