7: A New Companion, Part 2

"Mr. Joestar, I would like to ask you a very bizarre question."

"Hm, a bizarre question?" Mr. Joestar replies. "Well then go on!"

"I couldn't help but notice that you kept your gloves on all the time, even when we were eating. You wouldn't happen to have... two right hands, would you now?" Polnareff asks him.

You look at him in confusion.

"Two right hands? Now that is very bizarre! And why would you ask such a thing like this?" Mr. Joestar asks in return.

"Because... the man who killed my sister has two right hands." He says coldly.

At this, Mr. Joestar didn't hesitate to take his left glove off—which uncovered a prosthetic hand!

I didn't know he had that... You thought to yourself.

"I lost the real thing in a battle fifty years ago." He says.

"Oh, then please forgive me—I didn't mean to pry or anything like that." Polnareff says. "I was just curious, that's all."

"It's alright. But if you can, would you mind explaining to us what happened with your sister? If you're willing to, that is."

Polnareff explained how his sister had died. Apparently she was walking home from school one night, and a strange man had killed and shamed her. He also told you all what little he knew about the man who killed her. She wasn't alone when it had happened either...the friend she was with has somehow managed to escape with her life.

"Nobody believed her when she told everyone what had happened, and that the murder had two right hands... but I did! Somebow, I just knew that the man who killed my sister must have had a power similar to the one that I was secretly hiding."

"I agree, this man sounds like he could be a Stand user," Avdol states. "There's also a high possibility that he's working for DIO right now."

"Just how many people does DIO have working for him? If he wants to kill you guys so bad, why doesn't he just get off his ass and come do it himself?" You ask, earning a small laugh from some of the men.

"Well, DIO is a vampire. Hard to believe, but at this point, anything is possible," Mr. Joestar says. "Even if he did want to come kill us himself, he'd be burnt to a crisp in no time!"

Well he's got the anything is possible part right.

Polnareff chuckled a little at his words, and his expression turned serious once more. "Anyways... that's why I've decided I wanted to join you all on your journey. If I join you on your search for DIO, maybe that can lead me to the man with two right hands."

Oh great. This man already... implied something earlier, and even though he had a sad story, you still had mixed emotions about him. But he seemed powerful, so you guys might as well accept the extra help.

"I don't see why not. He seems like a pretty strong Stand user," Kakyoin says.

Jotaro didn't seem to like the idea too much— he just looked at Polnareff with doubt in his eyes. He didn't say anything, though.

"Well then it's settled! We can't ride a plane because it would be too dangerous, so I already contacted the Speedwagon Foundation. We have a ship that's strictly crew, no passengers. It should be here any moment, so let's get ready to go." Mr. Joestar explains.

Some of the others start walking ahead, but Polnareff turns to you.

"So, mademoiselle, after this little adventure is over... would you like to have one of our own-"

"No. Sorry, not interested." You say, cutting him off. You began to catch up with the others as Polnareff began to whine.

"Oh come on, I didn't even get to finish my question!" Polnareff whines, following you to catch up with Mr. Joestar and... most of the others.

"..."

 ゴ

 ゴ

"Good grief." A certain someone had heard what had been said...
and didn't seem to like Polnareff's words.

Author's Note: I'm sorry I haven't published in a while, and that this is a short chapter! I've had lots of band rehearsals, and school recently started. I'll try my best to publish!