6: A New Companion, Part 1

It was night time, and you were all on a plane heading to Cairo. Mr. Joestar apparently had some contacts who were able to get you all a flight, so that part was easy.

You were one of the only ones—if not the only one—that was still awake. You couldn't sleep, and you couldn't help but wonder, was it really a good idea to come? But you were the one who wanted this, so you weren't going to turn back now.

But it turns out Kakyoin, who you ended up getting to sit beside on the plane, was awake as well. "(Y/n), is something wrong?" He whispers to you, noticing you look stressed.

You didn't want to look weak... "I'm fine. I just couldn't sleep well. Not used to planes, I guess." You whisper back. Part of that was true, at least. "I should try to go to sleep..."

You end up leaning on Kakyoin's shoulder, but you didn't care since you realized how tired you were.

You felt him tense up at first, but then he relaxed after a moment. You close your eyes, and begin to drift off to sleep...

That was, until you hear a strange buzzing noise.

Time skip brought to you by someone who actually hates the Tower of Gray fight~

After the fight with the stand Tower of Gray, the plane had began to tilt. It made an emergency landing on the water, and all of the passengers eventually made it safely to the coast of Hong Kong.

"I'm getting hungry," Mr. Joestar whined. "Why not go somewhere to get something to eat!"

"Sounds like a plan. I know a restaurant around here that we can all go to." Avdol says, leading the way.

-—
As you all sit down at the table trying to decide what to order, you notice a strange man looking over at your table from across the room. You've ignored him a time or two, but now it was stating to bother you.

Until you forgot about it, when you noticed your tea needed a refill.

Kakyoin noticed your empty cup. "Look." He said, taking the cup. He took the lid from the empty teapot and gently clinked it a couple of times.

"What does that do?" You question.

"This signals to the waitress that we need our pot refilled." As if on cue, a waitress immediately comes and replaces the teapot.

"And this," Kakyoin taps a finger a few times on the table, "symbolizes thanks." The waitress smiled at his gesture, and walked away.

It was charming, really, how he seemed to have so much knowledge of other cultures. You smiled, as you looked back to your menu.

Jotaro just rolled his eyes at the whole process.

You settled on something that looked like some sort of soup, because you either didn't like how the other foods on the menu looked or you just didn't know what they were.

All of a sudden, you hear an unfamiliar voice.

"Excuse me? I was wondering if you guys could help me out a bit, I'm having trouble reading the Hanzi on the menu."

You look up, only to be greeted by the same man that was staring at your table earlier. He had tall, white hair, and judging by his accent, he must have been French.

You immediately regret jumping to conclusions... Maybe he was to embarrassed to ask us, some random strangers, what a restaurant menu says. It seemed logical, so you went with it.