Chapter I

Before I get to everything I'll describe myself to you and let you in on who I really am. I'm not the kid who is a nerd and gets picked on but I'm not the coolest kid around either; even though I am the captain of the girls' football team, at least that's how I feel. I'm not that confident apart from when I'm on the pitch. I don't get straight A's because of that one subject called science. Science is the only class I ever get B’s in. I'm an only child and live with my dad. My mum died giving birth to me so I never had the chance to meet her. Last but not the least I am a lesbian. Now my day begins.

A shimmer of light was coming through the curtains and I could smell food. I woke up feeling so rough, it felt as if I had to wrestle with my bed just to get out of it. It's the first day of school and I'm now in year 13, my last year of sixth form. Even though one year flies by I couldn't help but think it was going to be a long year ahead especially with the pressures of exams and university applications as I am trying to get a scholarship from American universities to play what they call ‘soccer’.

As I got ready putting on my uniform which was very formal, a White polo shirt with a black blazer; I am not the rebel type but I don't follow the rules either so I wore my black skinny jeans and my converses. Having short hair I didn't need to straighten it up or anything; a little bit of hairspray or hair wax and I'm all good!

Downstairs I was greeted by my dad and best friends Gemma and Kath who were stuffing their faces with my dad's famous omelette. My dad knows and said he always knew that I digged girls and he liked it that way; he didn't have to worry about boys or me becoming a teenage mum. My dad had to dash to work since he's a doctor which is why it's such a surprise to everyone why I'm not an A student in science.

Me, Gemma and Kath rode our mopeds to school and as we arrived I immediately said in a high pitched voice "The horror Begins" they both chuckled a little and hit my helmet with theirs. We were all in the same tutor group with Ms Williams as our tutor which was awesome because she’s also gay. She greeted the whole class with a big grin but then became serious and started talking about exams which ruined the alright start back to school that I was having. After the lecture Ms Williams said she had a big surprise for the class "A new student will be joining you guys, I'll let her introduce herself". A girl wearing the full uniform but with a short skirt entered, she was obviously foreign she looked Latin; "maybe Mexican? Or Puerto Rican" I whispered to Gemma. "Shh! whatever, she's a hotty". She spoke in an American accent "Hi my name is Angelica but I go by the name Angel and I've recently moved here from Orlando, Florida". I looked at everyone’s reactions and the boys’ mouths were wide open; her being American made her look even cuter according to Gemma. Gemma is a dyke too but she’s more on the femmy side compared to me; Kath on the other hand is probably the straightest girl I know.

I zoned out and was just staring at her; it felt extremely intense for me. Her eyes met mine, she smiled but my focus on her didn't change until I heard Ms Williams call out “Hey Bieber!” This was a joke that started in year 9 I was caught by the team singing my heart out in the shower room and apparently I should audition for X-Factor. The short hair didn’t help either so I’ve been named the girl version of Justin Bieber. For a second I thought she was going to tell me off for staring. Ms Williams and I are really close she's like a mother to me. "You are going to be Angel's partner", I quickly replied "What Partner?" I was genuinely confused and it didn’t help with everyone just staring at me. Ms Williams gave me a look and said "You will sit next to her in all your classes since you have the same classes and take her to breaks and lunches". There was an awkward silence in the class, everyone knew I never ever show new kids around ever so I immediately replied “But miss I’m not a tour guide” Miss Williams wouldn’t have none of it so I guess I was stuck with her.

After the first day of school I had a football meeting. Our coach Ms Palmer talked to us about team morale and pin pointed me as the role model being the top scorer and player of the year 2009-2010 for the London’s football girls’ league. It was a big surprise for me to see angel there, she was trying out; my guts and instinct was telling me something but I just didn’t know what. She barely talked when I showed her around the school or it was just me being anti-social. She had some skills she was better than some of the people on the squad. It was important that we had the top players after all this team has been unbeaten since year 7. So instead of rejecting her I put her as a substitute while the rest were reserves who only played when the 1st team needed time to relax and take it easy.