"I said unlock him," she repeated firmly. "Now."

         James watched as Viktor crawled his way over to him, mumbling something incoherently under his breath, before unfastening the metal clasps around his feet and removing the high-voltage metal from around his head. The next few seconds happened quickly, and simultaneously, as Amelia stepped closer to Viktor, pressing the gun against the back of his head - all while Vik was whisking his knife back out instead of unclasping Buck's hands.

        "Amelia-" James tried to shout, but he was too late.

        Viktor spun around hastily, plunging the knife into Amelia's stomach.

        Ringing erupted through James' ears at the sound of Amelia's scream ripping through the air. It felt like someone had punched him in the gut, all of his oxygen had disappeared from his lungs. His mouth parted in astonishment as he watched Amelia glance down at the knife inside of her torso with empty eyes.

        "No!" James yelled angrily, pulling as hard as he could on the metal wrist claps that Viktor failed to unlock. "You son of a bitc-"

        "Wrong choice of words, James," Viktor interrupted, removing the knife only to stab it into her torso for the second time.

        All it took was Amelia falling to the ground with a whimper, the knife still protruding from her abdomen, for James to furiously flex his metal arm - breaking the clasp from his wrist as he slung the metal from his other wrist with a growl. An anger he had never felt before erupted deep inside of him as he lurched forwards, tackling Viktor back down to the concrete floor.

        His hands encircled around Viktor's neck, choking him with such rage that Vik's face immediately turned a couple shades of red. James' nostrils flared violently as his body began to shake with vehemence, ignoring the way the man underneath him pulled and smacked at his arms as he gasped for air.

        This motherfucker stabbed Amelia. He stabbed his sweet girl.

        With one last fatal squeeze, James examined Viktor's pupils dilate as the life seeped away from his dark eyes.

        Shoving Viktor's lifeless body out of the way, James hurried across the concrete towards Amelia, scooping her upper half into his lap as he cradled her in his arms. Her hazel eyes blinked excessively as she stared up at the ceiling, panting heavily from her pink lips.

        "Baby, what are you doing here?" James asked softly, his voice cracking as he placed his hand over her bleeding wound.

        For the first time in his entire life, he was completely and utterly dumbfounded. James had never been in a position where he was unsure of what to do, he couldn't even think straight. The shaking had began to settle in his hands due to the adrenaline pumping through his veins.

        "I had to see you," Amelia bleated, hissing as the pain of her wounds heightened while she spoke, squeezing her eyes shut until the brunt of it subsided.

        "You shouldn't be here," he whined pitifully, tears trickling down his cheeks, the salt burning the fresh cut on his skin.

        His eyes widened at the sight of her blood oozing out between his fingers despite the pressure he had been exuding against her wound. The last person who deserved this was Amelia. James had never, ever wanted her to end up in this situation, her life to be at risk the way it was now.