31 || party

alexa, play crazy in love remix by beyonce

18+ warning - smut

DAY 31

James' jaw nearly dropped to the floor underneath his feet as Amelia emerged from her bedroom. Her long, raven-colored hair was pulled tightly back into a high ponytail, showing off her round cheeks and defined chin, cascading down to the middle of her back - which was in full view in her silk, open-back black dress. The slit in her dress helped her tan, toned thigh peek through, just enough to make his mouth salivate at the sight of her.

"You look ..." James trailed off, fumbling to find the correct words to describe how Amelia looked in this moment. "Hot."

The corners of Amelia's plump lips curved slightly as she observed his appearance, too. James' broad chest was covered by his sleek, tight-fitting suit, squeezing his muscular frame in all of the right places. His thick hair was slicked back, parading his freshly shaved face - a look Amelia had never seen before, and oh, was it a good one.

"You look hot, as well," she teased rather bashfully, stepping towards him to adjust his somewhat crooked tie in her tiny fingers.

"Do we have to go?" James swallowed the lump in his throat forcefully. "We can have our own party here ... just me and you."

A small part of him wanted to hide Amelia away from the party guests, save her for himself to look at - and that part only grew in size the longer he examined her beautiful features. There was no doubt in his mind that she would be the show-stopper tonight, catching the attention of any male or female. The thought made him grit his teeth.

"It'll be nice for you to get to see everyone," Amelia reminded him with a stern, but playful, glance. "And for them to see how well you're doing."

"And they get to see how insanely gorgeous you are in that dress," he blurted out with an exasperated sigh.

"You almost sound ... jealous," she suggested tauntingly, running her fingers up to adjust his collar now, purposely grazing the skin of his neck just barely.

His blue orbs captured her hazel ones. "I would hate to ruin the party because I snapped someone's neck for gawking too hard."

"You can't control who looks at me," Amelia rolled her eyes buoyantly, despite how pleased she was that James felt possessive over her. "But it should put your mind at ease to know that you are the only one who gets to touch."