47 || salvation

alexa, play castle by halsey

18+ warning - violence/blood

DAY 49

James' POV

        James winced at the pain stinging in his cheek from the fresh slice that Viktor gave him just moments before, thrashing against the metal that was locking in his head, wrists, and ankles. The unbearable migraine that soared through his temples made his stomach feel queasy, it always did after being electrocuted, along with the numbness that filled behind his eyes.

        He was convinced that death would honestly feel better than this.

        Ever since he allowed Natasha and the other agents to escape, Viktor had made it his mission to torture James in the worst possible ways. If physically beating him didn't do the trick, then he would send electric pulses through the metal that was holding James' head in hopes of brainwashing him that way.

        "There's something keeping you here," Viktor thought out loud, waving his knife around as he paced back and forth in front of James. "Something that won't let you easily be brainwashed, what is it?"

        James was shocked himself that he had held out for this long. Every single time the surge of excruciating electricity ripped through his skull, all he could do was imagine Amelia's face in front of him. He would picture the way she laughed with her head down as if she was bashful, or the way she would stare at him like he was the first man she'd ever seen while they were having a conversation.

        "Fuck you," James hissed.

        Ignoring his insults, Viktor reached up to rub his chin as he contemplated. "What could possibly be so important to you that you're holding on this tightly?"

        Each time was getting more and more difficult, holding onto his mental psyche felt like he was holding onto a very thin string. But James refused to give this ass-hat anything, he would die before giving him the satisfaction.

        "Ah," Viktor whispered in faint realization. "You're in love, aren't you? That's it, the ghost has fallen in love."

        James clenched his jaw tightly together unknowingly, averting the annoying gaze of Viktor as he tugged on the metal clasps around his wrists.

        "Who's the lucky lady?"

        "I'll die before I tell you anything," James spat.