Ch. 8 - Making Moves

"CLASS, I HAVE an announcement," Mrs

"CLASS, I HAVE an announcement," Mrs. Fray, our history teacher, announced.

I glanced up at her, but she was turned around, writing something on the board.

She looked back at the class with a smile.

"Thanksgiving break starts after Friday, as you all know. I want you to take this time to write an essay on your family's history," she said, and half the class groaned including me.

A Thanksgiving break is suppose to be a break from all of this.

"This isn't going to be hard. You have a whole week to learn information. Plus, it will be fifty percent of your final grade this semester. It has to be 600 words, at least. So now that's out of the way, let's learn about the Civil War."

Opening my binder, I looked over at Campbell to see that she was nervously tapping her foot.

She looked a little pale.

Before I could ask her what's wrong, the teacher started her lesson.

"We gonna win the football game this week, Nicklaus?" Nichole asked Nick after the bell rang.

"We should," Nick replied as they got up from their seats.

Campbell grabbed her things, but she looked totally out of it.

I hope she is okay.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"We have to do this assignment in Mrs. Fray's class where we have to learn about our family's history," Nichole told everybody.

"I remember that assignment last year. It's not hard and really interesting," Anna said, putting a grape in her mouth.

"Of course, you would think it was interesting," Gavin said, and Elliot threw a grape at him.

I laughed, but I noticed Campbell didn't show any reaction. I lightly tapped on her, and she flinched a little. Campbell tried to cover it up by giving me a smile.

"You okay?" I asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, just worried about that chemistry test after Thanksgiving break," she replied with a shrug.

"If you want, I can help you study," I offered.

"That would be amazing, but you really don't have to," she told me, grabbing her water bottle.

Yes!

Keep calm, Brent. Don't mess it up.

I waved it off. "I don't mind. It would be my pleasure."