Balin and Dwalin looked at one another before leaving Thorin to his throne. Bilbo followed after Balin, finding him alone in a room, "What is going on with him?" Bilbo questioned, his brows contorted in confusion and despair.

"Dragon sickness, I've seen it before." Balin answered with a small shake of his head. "That look, the terrible need." He let out a sigh, looking away from Bilbo before looking back up at him. "It's a fierce and jealous love, Bilbo. It sent his grandfather mad."

"Balin, if - if Thoring had the Arkenstone. Well if - if it was found, would it help?" He questioned hesitantly, afraid Balin would catch on that he currently had it. However Balin showed no signs of knowing, even if he did find out.

"That stone crown all. It's the summit of this great wealth, bestowing power upon he who bears it. But stay his madness? No, lad. I fear it would make him worse. Perhaps it is best it remains lost." Balin answered with a sigh, nodding to himself in agreement.

Bilbo left the room, thinking over what Balin said, before making his way back to Saharia, her wounds now beginning to mend, her broken wing officially snapped back into place. She was healing with time quicker than any mortal or immortal beings really. I sat down by the crook of her neck, listening to the calming of her breaths,eventually he slipped his hand into his coat pocket pulling it out, before playing it around in his hands.

Thorin rounded the corner, coming out of the shadows as he stomped up to Bilbo who scurried up to his feet in surprise as Thorin spoke, "What is that?" He questioned before stopping right in front of Bilbo. "In your hand."

Bilbo closed his hand into a fist quickly, "It's nothing." He stated, seeming just slightly embarrassed.

"Show me." Thorin demanded, as he stopped in front of Bilbo, his expression unreadable.

Bilbo gave him a small smile as he looked down at his closed fist before looking back up at Thorin, "It..." He trailed off as he opened his closed fist revealing an acorn along with a few blueberry seeds. "I picked them up in Beorn's garden." Bilbo stated as he watched Thorin's expression soften, similar to how it once was.

"You've carried it all this way?" Thorin questioned softly, looking down at his hand before looking back up at him.

Bilbo gave him a small nod, "I'm going to plant it in my garden. In Bag End." Bilbo stated, glancing back towards Saharia before back over at Thorin.

"It's a poor prize to take back to the Shire." Thorin stated.

Bilbo just shrugged, "One day they'll grow, and every time I look at them, I'll remember. Remember everything that happened: the good, the bad and how lucky I am that I made it home." He looked at Thorin, seeing a small smile spread across his lips, causing Bilbo to smile as well.

"You and Saharia are some of the greatest people I have ever met." He spoke as he stroked Saharia's soft white fur, wishing she would've been awake to hear him say that.

Bilbo hesitated for a moment before he began to speak, "Thorin I-"

Dwalin interrupted Bilbo as he walked into the room, "Thorin, the survivors from Lake-town, they're streaming into Dale. There's hundreds of them."

Thorin's smile and soft look fell, becoming a murderous one real quick as he glanced at Dwalin before saying, "Call everyone to the gate." He began to walk away, heading towards the front entrance. "To the gate, now!" Thorin shouted as Dwalin left while Bilbo followed after Thorin.

All the dwarves begin to move the broken stone, using different tools to lift the stone and place it at the entrance. "More stone! Bring more stones to the gate!" He shouted in command as Bilbo watched him in despair. Thorin continued to watch as his company stacked stone upon stone. "I want this Fortress made safe by sun-up. This Mountain was hard-won, I will not see it taken again."

Kili looked at his uncle in shock, "The people of Lake-town have nothing. They came to us in need. They have lost everything." He stated as he pointed his finger out towards the residence of the people of Lake-Town who are currently staying in the lost city of Dale. "Saharia would've given them anything they -"

"Saharia isn't here!" Thorin snapped glaring at his nephew. "Do not tell me what they have lost. I know well enough about hardship. Those who've lived through dragon fire should rejoice! They have much to be grateful for." He continued, as an uneasy smile spread across his features as he continued the wall.

It took all night. As soon as the morning light reached the doorway, their semi-high wall was finished. Some of the dwarfs were snacking as they looked at their hard work while others felt a bit uneasy. "Nice going lads, nice work. Come one." Thorin stated as he climbed up the staircase looking out towards an army of elves.

Inside the mountain where Saharia laid, she stirred in her sleep, a small rumble leaving her throat, her wounds beginning to close up quickly before she yawned. Shifting her body in a different position, much more comfortable one as she laid her head on top of her paw-like talons, before continuing to snooze away.

I would like to deeply apologize for the short chapter and any mistakes seen in the text. Thank you all for sticking around and see you next chapter.