𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒅 𝑰𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

Start from the beginning

I sighed once I was inside, I was all damped because of the rain, but the lambs were completely dry.

I smiled to myself.
Mission accomplished.

I let them free in the living room, put the box aside and returned outside to the farm, ready to get wet again while feeding the rest of the animals.
I fed the pigs, the horses, and the chicken in record time, running back inside with my soaked clothes.

I was about to return to the kitchen when I heard the doorbell ring.

"I'll go." - I said.

I opened the door just to see Harry on the other side, completely dry under an umbrella, standing in my front lawn.

"Harry…"

"Hey…" - He smiled. - "How is it that I'm the one standing under the rain and you're the one who's soaked?" - He laughed.

"I just returned from the farm." - I laughed. - "Sorry, do you want to come in? what are you doing here?" - I asked, watching him close his umbrella and take off his coat, hanging it near the entrance.

"I knew you weren't going to show up at the beach if it was raining." - He smiled. - "So I decided to come here instead. Maybe we can spend the day inside?"

I smiled widely at him and stepped closer, wrapping my arms around his waist and burying my face on his neck.

"Good, I was getting sad I wasn't going to see you today." - I mumbled against his neck.

"Lou…"

"Mhm?"

"You're wet."

"I know."

He laughed and placed his arms around my neck anyways.
I felt lighter now that he was here, like even if the day was gray and sad, he had just brightened all just by being with me.

"Lou?"

"Yes Harry?" - I grinned, looking up at him.

"Have you said something to your family about… mmm… last night?"

"Not yet, why?"

"Can we leave it that way?"

"You don't want me to tell them?" - I frowned.

"Louis, who was it?" - I heard my mother said and Harry quickly let go of me.

"It's Harry, mom." - I said, clearly confused by the sudden rejection.

He gave me an apologetic smile and turned around, walking to the living room and making me follow him.
Harry's expression changed into one of enthusiasm and happiness when he walked through the living room door.

"Cupcake is here!" - He said, running to lift the little lamb in his arms.

"How did you recognize him in between the others?" - Fizzy asked from the frame door of the kitchen.

Harry showed her his perfect teeth-on-display smile and shrugged.

"He has a little spot in his nose, see?" - He said, walking closer to Fizzy, showing her the face of the lamb.

Not a second later Doris and Ernie were running and tangling themselves in Harry's legs.

"If Harry is here then we don't want to go to school." - Doris said with a pout.

"You have to go to school." - My mother said, showing up in the living room next to the others and getting her raincoat. - "Hello Harry dear."

"Hi Jay." - He smiled.