Chapter Sixty Eight

Start from the beginning

Yes you're my own sister and I'm glaring at you.

Hunter walked out of my house with several glasses, mine being a half full with whatever he made.

"I chose bourbon for you" Hunter says sitting down one of the benches.

"Perfect".

"Why is it we can drink and no one says a thing about it?" Riley asks taking a sip of what looks live heavily iced Vanilla Vodka.

"Because combined we could buy all of New York" Hunter says.

"Adrian sure could" Kate remarks.

"Kate you know damn well I don't have one point four trillion dollars on tap" I say.

"Winters Group does" she says.

I laugh, "I'm still a year away from being CEO".

"Yeah a year and like two months".

"Okay fair point" I say opening the grill and flipping the patties.

"Could one of you go inside and get my the block of cheese?" I ask.

"I'll get it" Nico says climbing out of the pool.

"Dry off first" I mutter as I get out a cutting board.

After a moment Nico comes out of my house with the cheese, and I quickly cut several slices before setting them on the patties.

I then pick up my glass that was sitting on the countertop and take a sip from it.

"Alright, once the cheese has melted you all can put them on your burger buns" I say walking back inside to get the bag of buns, and condiments.

"Adrian I have a personal question?" Riley asks.

"You just did" Nico says over his glass of wine.

Kate laughs and I just smirk.

"As long as it doesn't break any of my already know barriers sure" I say.

"What principles do you believe in?".

"Stoicism" I say and Riley gives me a confused look.

"It's where one makes the best of every situation given to them remaining calm and focused through the storms of our lives, it is also supposed to embody the principle of simplicity, and only taking what is required to live and survive. Basically it's a lifestyle of optimism, and being calm"

"Sounds like it sums you up".

"I let emotion get in the way of that yesterday night, and on the night of Prom" I say, "that's why I'm going to Los Angeles so that I can become calm again to face whatever challenges I face".

"I mean stress for long periods can't be good for a person no matter who you are or what your mindset it that builds up and you end up needing a break" Hunter says.

"It isn't good for anyone, high stress leads to numerous health issues later on in life" Nico says rather nonchalantly.

"Well that's pleasant, to know that Adrian might die early" Riley says.

"Thanks for that" I say setting the things I grabbed on the counter, "also he doesn't mean like tomorrow he means like mid thirties if I was under constant stress all the time, even basic behavioral patterns change".

"This turned into a neurology study" Hunter mutters

"Well maybe you'll finally learn something of value" I say as I assemble my burger.

"Are you saying I lack the ability to pay attention".

"Yes, he is, and he's not wrong" Kate says.

I love my sister for being like me in this way.