Although, it's a little bittersweet. Every place she looks she can see herself over the years with friends. She can see herself walking across campus with Kiara and Juju laughing. She can see herself trying to get close to that Albino squirrel and Gee standing back. She can even see herself walking away from Caleb who tries to grab her after he came and got her from a party.

For Magenta it felt like her senior year went by in a blink of an eye. She finished her internship a couple of days ago this weekend she'll be walking across the stage.

The main reason her last year went by so fast is because she stayed to herself. After Gee left school, she didn't feel like investing energy into friendships.

Kiara ended up getting pregnant and dropping out. Destin joined a fraternity and spent most of his time preoccupied by that. Colby was just doing him. She still wasn't over Juliette's death. And of course, Genesis had to leave. All the people who told her you don't usually stay friends with the people you start with were right.

Magenta didn't date, party, nothing this year. She definitely wasn't getting in a relationship after that disaster she called the one with Caleb. She needed to be single for awhile. To heal...

Honestly, she had to heal from two breakups really. She needed to recover from the mental and physical abuse she endured with Caleb. Then she had to heal from never getting closure due to the way Gee left. Magenta definitely has some deep rooted trust issues now.

Honestly, she was depressed for awhile. She only left her apartment if she needed to. She didn't even know what socializing was. When she wasn't busy she'd stay in her dark bedroom sleeping or watching tv. She even avoided her roommates at all cost. If she heard them in the common areas she'd wait until they went back to their rooms to come out.

She didn't want to be bothered feeling like it was time to get serious. The reality of stepping into full adulthood hits you. She's ready to move into the next phase of life and move on...

Magenta slept the majority of the day needing it desperately. By evening she goes to Pop's house hanging out with him, Choice, Pandora, and others. Despite Pop being in his sxities, he was the hang out spot for a lot of people in their mid-twenties.

As a weed grower, he helped a lot of young people put money in their pocket. People also come over here to smoke weed, which is what most of them are doing. Magenta just sits quietly listening and laughing.

"You look good today, Pop," Pandora compliments him as if he doesn't have on what he usually does. He's someone who lives on a routine. He hadn't changed his look in 10 years.

"Pandora, don't start. I told you I'm not looking for a sugar baby." Magenta laughs as Pandora smacks her lips.

"Damn, c'mon. I've been tryna get a sugar daddy for a minute now. I'm tired of working at Walgreens as a pharmacy assistant with those rude ass customers. I'm tired of clocking in. Take me out the game, coach," she says jokingly knowing she doesn't even like white men.

"You still working there to help your boyfriend get those scripts?" Choice asks while rolling a blunt.

"Why you in my business?" Pandora clutches her chest making them all laugh. Gen shakes her head knowing Pandora is.

"Somebody graduates soon," Pop changes the subject to Magenta.

"Y'all are all coming, right?" She beams with a smile.

"Hell yeah! Front row with a big ass sign and blow horn. The fuck you thought," Choice responds.

"Please, don't embarrass me."