Chapter 17: The Black Carriage

Start from the beginning

When he was about to leave, a young man who looked tensed suddenly came. "Greetings, Lady Gabriella," He said. "There was a carriage who suddenly appeared outside, according to a knight, Duke Evan send the carriage to fetch you, My Lady"

"Fetch... Me?" I asked. 

"Here, My Lady," The boy said. He handed me a letter as I quickly opened it, There was nothing special about the content, but the letter says...

'Please use this carriage, Lady Gabriella' -Duke Evan.

"The knight is waiting for My Lady outside" 

"You may leave now," Nico said to the boy, The young man bid his goodbye before leaving me with this butler. Nico turned his head on me. His face became more serious. "I shall escort you to the gate, My Lady," He said. 

"Okay..." I said. 

When we reached the gate, I saw a beautifully elegant black carriage waiting on the outside, There was a crest of a White Dragon on it which symbolizes the authority of the Duke. 

It was a symbolism that could be on par with the monarchy or the king itself. 

The king's crest is a golden dragon and a sun. A dragon is equal to power and greatness, for a duke to have a dragon as a family crest... It could be a threat or more power for the monarch family. Fortunately, the Duke and the King have a good relationship with each other...

Unfortunately, the Duke would commit treason soon.

It was a long discussion but according to some sort of a legend. A king and the golden dragon fought along with each other to a great war that happened many years ago, to honor the great dragon, it became the crest of the royal family. 

While the white dragon of the Chavez family's crest was obtained because of a promise. One of the family members of the Chavez family was meant to be the bride of the future golden dreagon.

But those are some f*cking baseless legend with a cliche plot.

That was also the reason why Maria became once obsessed with the prince... She once believed that she was really meant for Prince Ian, which lead to her doom...

Little did she know that she was really meant for my brother, hehe~

A smile appeared on my face. Pahh, what an interesting thing do we have here, this elegant-looking carriage was a total show off, it makes me jealous, Duke.

My eyes immediately went to a familiar man. "Sir Allan," I said with a smile on my face. "I didn't expect that you will come here by yourself," I said in an elegant tone, like a proper lady. However, he immediately made a face when he saw me did that.

Grrr, It looks like my vulgar and barbaric attitude was already engraved in his mind.

"Greetings to the Lady," He said in a polite tone, however his face told me a different expression. "I was sent by the Duke to fetch you, My Lady"

A soft laugh escaped from my lips. "The Duke really flatters me, how can he be so polite to this Lady?" I asked in a shy tone. I almost cracked when Allan almost rolled his eyes in front of me. 

HAHAHA, teasing is really fun.

"Shall we go now, My Lady?" He only asked me, ignoring the statement I said a while ago.

"Sure," I said, I glanced at Nico before going to the Black Carriage. "Please take care of my brother, Nico. Please inform my father about this as well"

"Understood, My Lady" He replied, but his eyes were intensely staring at the carriage. 

"Is there anything wrong?" I asked.

"There is nothing wrong," He replied. "However... I think it's strange" 

"Strange?"

"This carriage is only used by the most important Family members of the Duke" Nico paused. "To be precise, only the Duke of house Chavez and his daughter could use the black carriage" He explained to me while observing that black carriage. "Other than them, you could only use that carriage if you the Duchess or the fiancee of the duke"

That made me stopped.

"Isn't a bit of exaggeration?" I asked. "Don't think too much, The Duke probably let me use that because he thought that his future son-in-law might come with me" I uttered in a low tone. 

"I see, My lady"

"Oh, I shall take my leave, Selena~ come with me"'

"Yes, My lady"

Allan helped me to get inside the carriage. The carriage looks comfortable, it was really elegant inside out. There was also a ready-made snack placed on a small table and a book to make the travel less boring. I was about to sit, but a strange thing made me surprised.

The door of the carriage immediately closed leaving no sight of what is inside of this transportation thing. 

I think I know what's the reason why the Duke sends this carriage to fetch me. I let a loud laugh while staring at the man who is with me, sitting comfortably with a book in his hand. "You should've come out yourself to fetch me, Your Grace," I said with a wide smile on my face.

Gabriella, what a shameless being are you? That's a Duke, of course, he doesn't need fetch me himself.

The White-Haired Daddy glanced at me. He didn't answer my question. "You look pretty," He said. His stiff face made that statement look more naive to me. "Please be comfortable with me" He immediately said.

I sometimes find everything cute.

But He's really cute today.

I put my face on my palm as I place my elbows on my hips. A smile appeared on my face while looking at his face. My original age is 40 plus something...

I'll just simp for a little bit.